Getting the followong error when trying to launch a program...

Neuro-programmer 3.exe - .Net Famework Initialization Error

please set registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NET FRAMEWORK\ install root to point to the .NET Framework Install location

Can anyone help me resolve this error- I installed this program for the first time on to my windows 10 x64 brand new laptop and it is supposed to be compatible with windows 10 - when I try to open it I get the above error. i had to use revo to uninstall - should I try to fix this before I re install or should I reinstall first and fix later. 

Any idea how to fix this - I have never edited a registry and am kind of nervous to do so- I need this computer to make a living and don't want to mess it up- took me weeks to get it set up in the first place so don't want to have to do a wipe and restore.

I hope I posted this in the right category

Thanks so much any help will be greatly appreciated

Michelle

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Class action lawsuit for damages? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

That may be an option for people that had the program for less than a few months, but all of us that have had the program for over 4 years may be out of luck. 

Here is how they could be beat at their own game: They abandoned the software, so someone please forward it to a hacker than can fix it. They added insult to injury by not allowing the download and shutting down their website. However, it is still downloadable on C-net and probably some other sites. It gives you the trial for 15 days and you would think they would have at least disabled that function, and allowed people to get an abandoned program for free! After 15 days the download does not work. 

We need a hacker to change the program to the following: 

Make it work with Windows 10

Disable the trial period

Update the software when needed. 

If you have any connections to these freeware sites please put them on the case. We need to turn it into freeware, but I don't have the skill set. 

Thanks. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have that skill set either. I do have a backup of the installation file and can share, maybe via google drive, if anyone needs it.  And a $400 activation license for commercial use. Guess my clients are **** out of luck now. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is the newest email / best contact for TC: transparentcorp.inquiries@

Here is an email I am sending today:

Hello,
I am a long-time customer of MindWorkstation and have invested over $1000 in its use in my personal and professional practice. I am deeply disappointed and concerned that the website has disappeared, and that I am no longer to activate my license. I've had to run the software within a virtual machine environment running Windows 7, but have been unsuccessful in managing to produce audio and EEG / mindmachine (kasina) connection. There are many other disgruntled users discussing whether or not to get the BBB involved and/or file a class action lawsuir against transparentcorp. 
This is the last thing I would like to see happen. Please - provide the software as "open source" to allow for continued development and integration with Windows 10. 
Here is a link to a Microsoft community that would be very eager to hear from you. Anything from you. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I too have followed the advice of Transparent Corp, and installed a Virtual machine in order to operate their Mind Workstation BWE software.

By the time my Virtual Machine was online for MWS, Transparent reneged on their written agreement to  wait until a certain period before taking their software OFF-LINE,  while in the mean time sending customers  with Purchased Activation Codes to their site to ACTIVE their MWS software..!

Well, there is NO WEBSITE to active this Purchased $1000.00 dollar Transparent Corp Mind Workstation Professional BWE software for those who purchased the software..

A person representing Transparent Corp. by the handle "JoeV" (in MindPlace Forums), claims that, "its too difficult to maintain the MWS as a result of the new Windows 10 version 1803 OS"; (it worked great in Windows 10 version 1709).. This is why those who need the software online have now installed Virtual Machine software to operate MWS so that it wont interfere with the Transparent Corp software..!

Its a mess,

and many of us have lost patents with how this matter is being resolved by the people at Transparent Corp. If there is ANYONE out there, that can HACK into this software for those who FULLY purchased it, they will be rewarded in kind by many of use for the trouble..

The Transparent people have given up completely on finding a reasonable resolution to a matter that appears to already have a viable solution..!! VirtualBox  or  VMware..!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is the newest email / best contact for TC: transparentcorp.inquiries@

Here is an email I am sending today:

Hello,
I am a long-time customer of MindWorkstation and have invested over $1000 in its use in my personal and professional practice. I am deeply disappointed and concerned that the website has disappeared, and that I am no longer to activate my license. I've had to run the software within a virtual machine environment running Windows 7, but have been unsuccessful in managing to produce audio and EEG / mindmachine (kasina) connection. There are many other disgruntled users discussing whether or not to get the BBB involved and/or file a class action lawsuir against transparentcorp. 
This is the last thing I would like to see happen. Please - provide the software as "open source" to allow for continued development and integration with Windows 10. 
Here is a link to a Microsoft community that would be very eager to hear from you. Anything from you. 

If it ever gets to that point; I with you..

I have all of the records and purchased Activation Codes for my Transparent Corp. software..

The copyright on this software should be over anyway, and it should be "open source" if the people at Transparent can NOT resolve this issue with their customers..

Thank you for the info.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They have not responded to my emails yet. How do we find out the copyright status of the software?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

They have not responded to my emails yet. How do we find out the copyright status of the software?

I personally do not believe they will respond to anyone's emails, and i have my suspensions as to why..

Based on the little I understand about copyright law, these type of copyright properties can be extended almost indefinitely by making minor changes to the intellectual property. The problem for Transparent Corp is that VMware and VirtualBox software makes it unnecessary to make any structural tweaks to their software as a result of Windows 10 updates.

Here is what I think the people at Transparent are REALLY up to; they appear to be shutting their old Transparent Corporation down, and creating another Corporation under a different name, making the appropriate Windows update Tweaks for appearance to their MWS software,  then RE-SELLING the same software back to an unsuspecting BWE community.. That's what I Believe.

I make these allegations mainly because the people at Transparent Corp are too protective of their almost a decades old software. In the beginning, I could almost understand why even after purchasing their software why they were so paranoid and controlling of HOW it was ACTIVATED. But as time went forward I noticed they continued with their stringent control policies concerning FULLY PURCHASED SOFTWARE even as their (Transparent) Corp customer service significantly DEGRADED, indicating to all of us the eventual dereliction and failure of that Company..

At this point, it would be a good idea to be aware of the names of the Corporate officers on Transparent board of directors so we can easily identify these people as they make a NEW attempt to sell their OLD Transparent software under a NEW NAME, back to the BWE community  

I've got a bad felling about the people at Transparent Corp at the moment..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe. I think they just put all their resources into Brain.fm and said sod the lot of MWS users. Why teach a person to fish when you can sell them fish?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe. I think they just put all their resources into Brain.fm and said sod the lot of MWS users. Why teach a person to fish when you can sell them fish?

Has anyone attempted to Delete Transparent Software from their Hard Drives yet... It will NOT DELETE.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 29, 2024 Views 9,984 Applies to: