Getting the followong error when trying to launch a program...

Neuro-programmer 3.exe - .Net Famework Initialization Error

please set registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NET FRAMEWORK\ install root to point to the .NET Framework Install location

Can anyone help me resolve this error- I installed this program for the first time on to my windows 10 x64 brand new laptop and it is supposed to be compatible with windows 10 - when I try to open it I get the above error. i had to use revo to uninstall - should I try to fix this before I re install or should I reinstall first and fix later. 

Any idea how to fix this - I have never edited a registry and am kind of nervous to do so- I need this computer to make a living and don't want to mess it up- took me weeks to get it set up in the first place so don't want to have to do a wipe and restore.

I hope I posted this in the right category

Thanks so much any help will be greatly appreciated

Michelle

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I Have exactly the same, it worked for a couple of years, no problem at all!

But now i restore my pc 3 times, 1 time while keeping my file's, didn't work.

after that 2x full wipe out and still got the problem.. 

downloaded net.framework over and over agian, and it still didn't work.. 

so what can i do next? even when a full wipe out didn't work?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Deborah,

You will not need to modify the registry for that issue. Since it's a new computer, I suspect that you do not have .NET installed on your computer. Download the latest .NET Framework on this link and install your software again.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Likewise, I purchased a new computer. It came with .NET Framework already installed. I received the same error as Deborah when attempting to use two different programs, Neuro-programmer3 and Mind Workstation, which worked on my old computer. I was waiting and hoping for an update from Microsoft to fix the problem with the .NET Framework. I was growing impatient and did more research. I ran across Deborah's posting describing the same error running Neuro-programmer 3.exe.

My older computer was still able to run the 2 programs without the .NET Framework error and program crash. I manually ran Windows Update on my older computer and now these two programs will no longer run after updating Windows. Now I get the previously specified error and program crash on my older computer too. A change has apparently been made to the .NET Framework in a 2018 Windows update which now results in these two programs crashing with the error message specified by Deborah.

I had found references to the same error message mentioned by other Windows 10 users on several forums while I was searching for a solution to my own dilemma. I hope that Microsoft is able to resolve this issue.

If anyone is currently able to run Mind Workstation or Neuroprogrammer 3, I would appreciate your input as to any measures that you might have taken to circumvent this problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Robert,

You have proven the cause is with Nero Programmer applications. I did the same experiment myself with the same results.

I sent a note to Transparent Corp (developers of Neuro Programmer) regarding the issue last week and still have heard nothing back from them.

This is a bug in Transparent Corp's software. They haven't been maintaining their code to meet Windows requirements. The fact that they haven't been updating their software, and the fact that they don't seem to be responding to support requests, makes me wonder if they are even still in business.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've got the same issue. Sent a couple support requests, but haven't heard anything back from Transparent Corp.

I did manage to get a reply back from brain.fm, and they said they'd forward my request to Transparent, but I still have heard back.

Additionally, I can't even see my ticket when I enter my ticket number. It appears they've just deleted the ticket without responding.

I fear NeuroPprogrammer and Mind Workstation has become abandonware. Their site indicates 2017 as the copyright date.

Their forum has vanished as well.

This is very troubling, I've been a customer since 2004 when they first started out.

I've tried a couple of other fixes, putting in specific lines in the registry, but no luck.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I haven't submitted a support request to Transparent yet as I have found them to be non-responsive in the past. I did post to the MindPlace forum in case someone there might have come up with a workaround to this issue.

Likewise, I had edited the registry prior to posting here to no avail. I still get the same error.

I'll go ahead and submit a request to Transparent Corp. and Brain.fm to add one more voice.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've run into the exact same issue. Was able to replicate on a laptop that had not received the 1803 update. All Transparent software worked as expected. Once the 1803 update pushed, all of the software is dead with the above .NET error.

I'm not sure what changed in .NET with the latest Win10 update, but it's obviously different. That said, I believe the issue lies with Transparent (and other vendors who've not maintained their code). As mentioned previously in this thread, Transparent's forums are gone and their copyright on the website is 2017. Their FB page page appears to have been dormant since 2015. And, the "latest" versions of their software are the same ones have had installed for ~2 years or more. The situation does not look promising...

I found an old email address for Adam (the owner) and have asked about the company's status and intentions. Assuming it's valid, and I get a reply, I will share what I learn here.

Regards,

Mark

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Mark. Likewise, I'll share anything that I find out. As you have stated, it doesn't look promising.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello All,

I also contacted Transparent Corp and they've not responded (I sent the request 6 days ago).  Does anyone think the issue can be resolved by re-installing Windows 7?  

Thanks,

Troy

Sorry this didn't help.

Neuro-programmer 3.exe - .Net Famework Initialization Error

please set registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NET FRAMEWORK\ install root to point to the .NET Framework Install location

Can anyone help me resolve this error- I installed this program for the first time on to my windows 10 x64 brand new laptop and it is supposed to be compatible with windows 10 - when I try to open it I get the above error. i had to use revo to uninstall - should I try to fix this before I re install or should I reinstall first and fix later. 

Any idea how to fix this - I have never edited a registry and am kind of nervous to do so- I need this computer to make a living and don't want to mess it up- took me weeks to get it set up in the first place so don't want to have to do a wipe and restore.

I hope I posted this in the right category

Thanks so much any help will be greatly appreciated

Michelle

I purchased:

Mind WorkStation Professional 1.6
Neuro-programmer 3.3.1
Mindstereo 1.3
Thought Sound 1-2-3

and they all get the;

.Net Famework Initialization Error

"please set registry key HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\.NET FRAMEWORK\ install root to point to the .NET Framework Install to location", message.

I reinstalled MWS Professional and got the same Error message.

Tried installing the latest .NET Framework, but discovered that the latest .Net Framework may be the problem and installing an earlier version of .Net Framwork appears to be not possible if the Latest Version of Frame work is already present in the OS.

I need help someone please.

Donjay

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 2, 2020 Views 7,746 Applies to: