Get multiple instances of the Lenovo.Modern.ImController.PluginHost process any ideas why or what it is?

I'm running windows 10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad and have noticed that I get multiple instances of  this process ( up to 6 )

has anyone else with a Lenovo ThinkPad seen this and  if so any ideas as to what it is and why there are  multiple instances of it running

I ha d not seen this  on the Win 7  install prior to the upgrade

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2020 Views 2,837 Applies to:

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.  

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

Do you see any performance degrade while this process running?

I suspect that the service might be related to any of the application that came with your device from Manufacturer. In view of the same whenever the application try to update itself when it connects to internet then you can see this process running on background. It mean that the service is directly or indirectly related to that particular application. 

If you see any performance degrade, you can go for complete system scan with Window Defender or any available Antivirus software in PC, to see if any malware causing the issue.

Anti-Virus Disclaimer: Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is the service that allows the Lenovo Companion manage your computer.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.