Flickering issue

I upgraded my AMD Crimson drivers from 17.10.2 to 17.11.1 and now notice subtle flickering of the screen when moving the mouse around in either 2D or VC cockpit of any aircraft.

I was not receiving this with the previous 17.10.2 drivers. Anyone else with an AMD card notice this? I did submit a report on the AMD site. System info in my signature. This is with P3Dv3.4.22.19868 and Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1709 OS build 16299.64

I've not received any crashes of P3D since upgrading (11/22/17) Windows 10 to the current build.

Update:

Applies to P3Dv3.4.22.19868

I've now confirmed this issue happens when running P3Dv3 in full screen mode. If I switch to windowed mode there is no flickering when moving mouse around. Switch P3Dv3 back to full screen and flickering will start up again when moving mouse around buttons/switches under Windows 10 Pro 1709 OS build 16299.64

Currently running 17.11.2 Crimson drivers but this occurred with older drivers as well. I believe strongly it has something to do with the jump from Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1703 OS build 15063.608 to 1709 OS build 16299.64

System specs: Windows10Pro64bit/Corei52500K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/GSkill16GBDDR3CL7-8-8-24/XFXHDRadeon7870DD2GB-Crimson 17.11.2drivers/SoundBlasterXfiXtremeGamer/1TBSATA3Hitachi/1TBSATA3WD/1TBSATA3WD/LGBlueRayDL/RosewillChallengerTower/Antec650wPSU

Hi,

App compatibility or driver related issues are some of the reasons which can cause your screen to flicker when in full screen mode. To isolate your concern, we suggest that you replicate the issue while in the clean boot environment. To perform clean boot,  you can follow the steps provided on this support article. If the program runs correctly, proceed with the How to determine what is causing the issue by performing a clean boot topic to rule out issues caused by application or service interference.

Note: Click the drop-down arrow for Windows 10 to view the appropriate steps.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Performed a clean boot and issue still exists. I'm going to roll back to the previous 1703 build and I'll post back my results. This issue was not present when I was running 1703 OS build 15063.608

I also tried a few older graphics drivers as well and that did not resolve the issue as well.

Win 11 Home 23H2 22631.3296
MSI R2 B14NUC7-085US

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update:

Restoring to 1703 OS build 15063.726 resolved the issue with flickering textures within P3Dv3.4.22.19868.

Graphics version used after restore to 1703 was Crimson 17.11.1

MSI R2 B14NUC7-085US

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We're glad to hear that the flickering issue has been resolved after performing a roll back. In addition,we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s causing it and address it.

Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items. In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:   

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
  4. Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  5. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  6. Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  7. Open the item you submitted, then click Share. Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/link>).

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Rolling back to the Win 10 Pro 1703 build 15063.726 (64bit) combined with the AMD graphics drivers 17.10.2 was the only way to get things working correctly.
MSI R2 B14NUC7-085US

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your efforts in updating this thread for the resolution. In addition, we encourage you to submit your feedback by following the steps provided in the previous post to help our team in collating information regarding the recent Windows Update.

Feel free to post back should you have other concerns

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2018 Views 133 Applies to: