Fans and CPU running very high Windows 10 Build 1903

I upgraded to windows 10 version 1903 a few weeks ago.  Shortly afterwards I noticed that my fans were running extremely fast and my CPU temps per core were running in the mid 50s C at system idle.  Previously they were running in the mid to high 30s C.  Task Manager shows my CPU usage at 100%.  I get things back to normal if I disable the Power service, but as soon as I enable it again, my fans begin to race and the temps go up.  My system uses an ASRock motherboard with an Intel i7-8700k and an 8500 watt power supply.  I use the Balanced power setting profile.  Diagnostics for Power doesn't pick up anything and I can't find anything with Google for anyone with a similar problem.  I had a similar issue a couple of years back, but it was caused by me using the High Performance power profile.  Once I changed to the Balanced profile the problem disappeared.  This time, the problem is occurring with the Balanced power setting.  Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

they say that heat problems are certainly from hardware and not os even if it creates problems very different systems and that reports about overheating are never taken into consideration.

I'm certain that it's not. I've faced this issue before in 1809 and then I rolled back to 1803 and the issue was gone. Next time they told you it's hardware, tell them how can it be a hardware issue and be solved by rolling back the update?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

they say that heat problems are certainly from hardware and not os even if it creates problems very different systems and that reports about overheating are never taken into consideration.

I'm certain that it's not. I've faced this issue before in 1809 and then I rolled back to 1803 and the issue was gone. Next time they told you it's hardware, tell them how can it be a hardware issue and be solved by rolling back the update?

i told them this many times but they keep saying it is harware and that my pc is not compatible. How cannot be compatible the latest i7 processor come on!

they are also very rude and stop replying after a while. I am italian and i am continuing to speak to italian agents. I wonder how i could change the nationality of the operator.

may i know the specs of your systems to get an idea of the parts affected?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

the last one i spoke to told me : We have billions of pcs using windows 10, if it were a widespread phenomenon we would have known this. It is your hardware to cause the problem. Now i need to work, end the chat.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i told them this many times but they keep saying it is harware and that my pc is not compatible. How cannot be compatible the latest i7 processor come on!

they are also very rude and stop replying after a while. I am italian and i am continuing to speak to italian agents. I wonder how i could change the nationality of the operator.

may i know the specs of your systems to get an idea of the parts affected?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K

GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II OC

MB: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO

RAM: 16GB DDR3 SDRAM

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My system is the following:

Intel i7-8700k 3.7 GHz CPU
ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming K6 Motherboard
Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 250GB m.2
G. Skill TridentZ Series 16GB DDR4 3200 F4-3200C16D-16GTZ
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 Video Card

I have a bunch of drives and 2 monitors, but the important parts are listed above.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

of so for now the problem is restricted to intel... speaking with another agent today.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

of so for now the problem is restricted to intel... speaking with another agent today.

It's something CPU related for sure. This also may help: I could stop BSODs after playing a little with my BIOS configurations. I disabled performance mode and enabled everything related to power saving. Though I have lower performance, but there is no BSOD. However, it does not make it to be CPU's issue, because I was working on performance mode when I was on 1803 and there was no BSOD or high temperature. Windows is kinda handling CPU related matters so bad in the 1903 which causes issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

they keep saying to speak to manufcturer, this guy was nice. he sent a request and told me to make few posts on the forum to start to make something moving. I will start to make a thread a day on the italian forum. I am also going to write to intel to see if they know anything about this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

TheSETJ, as I've been stating, it is related to the power settings.  The High Performance profile in Power settings will produce the same issues.  The CPU will run 100% in High Performance, but it should not under the Balanced setting and that is what most of us are using.  MS is **** if they expect us to believe that this is caused by hardware and not windows 10 version 1903.  This problem for me came on with the upgrade to version 1903 and none of my hardware changed.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Experiencing the exact same issue.  Win10 Pro, i7-4710MQ 2.5GHz, 32GB RAM

Been happening for a few weeks, finally got tired of hearing it, looked into it and found this post. Disabling the power service made it stop.

I do motion graphics, web dev, run local server environments (sometimes several at a time) and all kinds of processor intense stuff and my machine handles it all while music, podcast streaming etc. Usually, only the active cooling ramps up  occasionally.  This issue has been happening off and on for over a year.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 3, 2023 Views 7,648 Applies to: