Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

Original Title: Errors

I have been having problems with all of my computers since September 2015 I have posted twice and have not yet gotten an answer that will solve the problems. tonight looking at the event logs I have in the administrative events 307 warnings, 59 errors and 2 critical errors(these are just for today) In the system log I have 51 warnings, 15 errors and 2 critical errors. I have attached a screen shot of each log.

Hello Dick,

Thanks for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, are you facing system performance issues on the PC?

From one of the highlighted errors shared in the picture, Event ID: 131 with source: DeviceSetupManager is related to one of device drivers which is corrupted, incompatible or faulty in the computer. Updating the device driver will help in resolving the issue.

Follow the steps below to check and update the faulty device driver located in the Device manager.

1. Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select Device Manager from the context menu.
  2. Expand every options in the window one after the other.
  3. Right click on the driver with yellow exclamation mark over it and select Update this software from the context menu.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
  5. After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answer to the above question and the status of the issue on the same page for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently there is nothing in the device manager that has a yellow exclamation mark on it, how in looking I notice that the drivers for my esata card have changed again. As far as performance the speed is fine, however I never what devices are going to start when I boot it up, and how long they are going to stay up. Several of the warnings that are there are that a drive surprise stopped, or that a service has unexpectedly terminated. I am constantly having to run scan disk to repair corrupted drives, and loosing files. I have to save files to multiple locations in order to make sure that I can access it when needed again. I also have problems with software that one day is working fine and the next it is not compatible with this version of windows.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dick,

Thanks for the update. We apologize for the delay in response.

Since the issue is specific to one of the drivers causing the above issue, I suggest you to boot your PC in safe mode and check if similar issue persists.

Step 1: Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer with limited drivers necessary to run Windows. The words Safe Mode appear at the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you are using.

Expand the options to boot into Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Restart the PC to exit from Safe mode and start the computer in normal mode.

To know more about Safe mode, following is an article on Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode) (Applies to Windows 10 also):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

Step 2: If the issue does not occur in the Safe mode, boot the computer inClean boot state by following the steps below and check if any of the system or third party installed applications are causing the above issue.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

You can open the System configuration window in Windows 10:

Step 1: Using run command

• Press Windows Key + R keys on the Keyboard.
  • Type msconfig.msc and press Enter.

Step 2: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type msconfig.
  • Select the top most search result.

Follow the steps from 3 underHow to perform a clean boot for Windows 8.1 and Windows 8 from the link below (The steps for clean boot suggested in the link below for Windows 8/8.1 is applicable for Windows 10 as well):

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: Start the computer in normal mode refer the section, How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting from the link above.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thought that I may have found how to resolve the errors yesterday, but when I rebooted this morning some of them were back, they are intermittent. I did the restart in safe mode and opened the event viewer the error list is huge. attached is a link to the file in onedrive. The event at 2:05:03 is when I initiated the restart. One of my external hard drives is not accessible in the normal mode, but it is accessible in the safe mode, and on other computers. 

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=2D687C449E226EA5!894&authkey=!AB9LtPi31Ucv3LA&ithint=file%2cevtx

thanks for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think I have it narrowed down, I did a clean boot and this what I have now! I also have farther up in the list a "wudfrd failed to load for each hard drive

Dick

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dick,

Thanks for the update.

Since the issue persists after performing the above suggestions, check if similar issue persists on connecting the external hard drive on another PC. Checking if similar issue persists on other PC’s will help in diagnosing if the issue is with the PC or the hard drive itself.

If the issue persists, follow the below methods and check if either steps helps in resolving the above issue.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if any of the hardware components is missing or corrupted.

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system.

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type troubleshooter and select the top most search result.
  2. Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
  3. Select Hardware and Devices, click on Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically option.
  4. Follow the on screen instructions and wait for the troubleshooting to complete.
  5. Close the window after troubleshooting is completed and check for the status shown on the window.

Method 2: Install the latest and most compatible chipset drivers on the PC from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Method 3: If the issue persists even after trying the above methods, Reset the PC to reduce the critical warnings and errors which is showing in the event viewer. The warnings and errors are recorded due to various reasons that occur on the PC. Resetting the PC will reduce the warnings and errors you are getting on the PC.

I suggest you to Reset your PC by following the steps underResetting your PC section from the link below and check if the issue is resolved.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/windows-10-recovery-options

Note: Select Keep my files option when resetting the PC and also we recommend you to take backup of all your files and folders.

Disclaimer: Refreshing will restore previous Windows version (Windows 7, 8/8.1) on the computer utilizing the recovery partition in the system hard drive. You will need to upgrade to Windows 10 after resetting the computer.

Apps you installed from websites and DVDs will be removed. Apps that came with your PC and apps you installed from the Windows Store will be reinstalled. Windows puts a list of removed apps on your desktop after refreshing your PC.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 27, 2024 Views 10,835 Applies to: