error message "new cpu installed tpm corrupted" after turning laptop on

I stepped away from my laptop for an hour and when i came back the screen was black looked like it was turned off. I tried closing and opening the screen since this usually turns on the laptop, that dind't work so i pushed the power button. After this the following message was shown.

"New CPU installed. fTPM NV corrupted or fTPM NV structure changed.

Press Y to reset fTPM. If you have Bitlocker or encryption enabled, the system will not boot without a recovery key.

Press N to keep previous fTPM record and continue system boot. fTPM will not enable in new CPU, you can swap back to the old CPU to recover TPM related keys and data"

I choose the option N since that seemed like the savest option, after this the laptop started and said that there was trouble with my PIN and i had to set it again. 

When i restart my laptop again in a normal way trough the menu, the same message is shown again.

I have an Ideapad 5 15, Ryzen 5 45000 with 16gb RAM. Windows  10 Home. The laptop is new

I did saw a notifcation this morning about a windows update, but i didnt click on it.

As far as i know i dont have an Bitlocker (i have read that it's a windows 10 pro thing, and i have windows home)
Answer
Answer

Thank you for informing me that there is the possibility of bitlocker. I was under the impression that bitlpcker w as was only available for windows 10 pro, since when I clicked on settings/system and bitlocker settings, it forwarded me to the app store and told me to upgrade to windows 10 pro.

I did some research and trough powershell and trough command I checked the bitlocker status to be safe that I didn't have it encrypted. 

Afterwards I shut the laptop down and chose option Y.  The laptop started and after shutting it down and restarting again it didn't show the message anymore. 

So for anyone with the same issue, press N the first time. Check if you have bitlocker enabled trough command/powershell. And if you don't have it encrypted you can press Y the next time, since you wont have to enter an encryption key. Because that was what I worried about, not knowing the encryption key and then being stuck on a screen or something.

93 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 72,151 Applies to: