Edge crashes continuously after Creators Update
Just installed the Creators Update, and Edge crashes within 2 minutes of launching. Every. Single. Time. To be sure, it does launch. It even browses the web without issue. Then it just disappears. It will launch again just fine. But it will disappear again, every launch.
I have now spent about 6 hours troubleshooting the issue, and have tried all the suggestions from:
It does work if I create a new user profile. But that doesn't help me fix it for my user profile. Recreating my user profile is not worth the effort just to use Edge... it should be fixable without having to start over with a new user profile, and it's disconcerting that the removal of the user profile elements specific to Edge still doesn't resolve the issue.
At home, using another browser is an option, but as a system admin looking at Windows 10 for my company, the notion of having to blow away perhaps every user profile after an upgrade makes me very hesitant to deploy Windows 10. The first link I posted is nearly 2 years old, yet there's still no acceptable solution. Edge seems as finicky as an old man at a deli.
- Is this perhaps just an issue with the Creators Update?
- Does anyone have a real fix for this that doesn't involve blowing away the user profile?
- Have I missed any solution other than what I listed?
- @Microsoft... what gives?
Thanks in advance!
Thank you for reporting this issue and describing all the steps you have taken to address it. Since these steps didn't help, please submit this issue to the Feedback Hub.
When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help figure out what’s causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback.
Please follow these steps:
- Search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app
- Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback
- Select the Problem button, share any details you think are relevant, and choose the category Microsoft Edge and subcategory Speed and responsiveness
- Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done
- Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, Submit
- Click Continue using Feedback Hub
- Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear)
- Open the item you submitted, then click Share
- Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>)