Computer stuck with reboot loop on Windows 10

after a recnt windows 10 upgrade my computer goes into a loop of blue screen error, shutdown and restart. I'm writing this on an old computer with windows 7. My main computer, the windows 10, is useless until I can get this blue screen resolved.

Original title: blue screen

Answer
Answer

Hi Declan,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
  2. What exactly were you trying to perform prior to this issue?
  3. What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

Please be informed that we will be able to resolve the issue if you are able to boot the operating system.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps below as the boot files of current operating system might got corrupted.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform Startup Repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Using ISO file to perform Startup Repair will allow the device to boot the system to Windows Recovery Environment and tries to repair the device.

Step 1: I suggest you to try Startup Repairing the Windows and check if it helps.

Download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Startup Repair.

Refer to the following link:  Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool” in the above article for creating the tool).

Step 2: After creating the tool perform Startup Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Startup Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Startup Repair:

1. When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.

2. The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

3. Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM.

4. After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

5. Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

6. Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

7. Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Startup Repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of booting the operating system for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 29, 2023 Views 721 Applies to: