CInkStoreShared Message Window is preventing you from shutting down

9/10 times, when I try to shut down/restart my computer, I get the following message:

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this mystery but I have hit only dead ends.  Any leads on how to figure this out would be appreciated!

Hi,

The message "This app is preventing you from restarting" is usually occurring if an application is actively running in the background of PC that is about to shutdown or restart. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
  • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue happened?
  • Is the same issue happening even if you close all of the running programs on your computer before shutting it down?
  • What troubleshooting shooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest performing a clean boot on your device. If the problem does not occur while your computer is in clean boot mode, a background program is likely causing interference. To determine which background program is causing the issue, start by turning off all drivers, third-party programs or services, and startup items that load with Windows. If you are able to determine which specific program or service is causing the issue, disable it and let us know what program is causing the issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 3,437 Applies to: