Can't Sign Into Laptop After Windows 10: Microsoft, Fix My Laptop!!!

Dear Microsoft,

Your free Windows 10 update that you spammed on my desktop every time I have logged on for the past 6 months has completely ruined my fully functional computer. I am demanding that you take immediate actions to correct this. Below is a previous thread where the problem was described and to this day it is unresolved and is now being ignored. Please refer to this thread for more details on the issue.

I am a 23 year old student. I need my laptop and this is simply unacceptable. It would be in Microsoft’s best interest to resolve this ASAP. I will need to purchase new electronics for decades and decades to come. I will have children that will need to purchase electronics for decades. If your company continues to provide poor to absent customer service to correct your mistakes then I can assure you all of those thousands of dollars that will be spent in the future will go directly to your competitors and furthermore I will take legal action against your company for the cost of my laptop if necessary. This is simply unacceptable and unprofessional.

I will not be providing my advanced thanks anymore until this is corrected and I am compensated for the all of the inconvenience.

************************PREVIOUS THREAD*****************************

DCowboysFan10 asked on December 3, 2015

Hello everyone,

I just recently updated my Windows 8.1 on my Samsung laptop to the free Windows 10 downloadable upgrade. After the initial update the system prompted me that there were various other updates that Windows 10 needed to perform on the laptop. I agreed to continue with the updates and it notified me that my laptop would restart.

Since then my laptop has been in a purgatory like state where it cannot get past the sign in screen. The system does not seem to recognize me entering the password at all (it does not confirm it is correct or indicate that it is wrong). It is almost as if it is ignoring me even trying to sign in. It also is not recognizing any wireless or wired networks whatsoever and says "No connections are available". The power button on the screen doesn't do anything and to make matters even worse my PC decides to continuously restart every 60-90 seconds.

If anyone has any ideas can you please help me? This has been going on for 12 hours and isn't showing any signs of straightening out. I have to post this and research it from my phone and this is very frustrating.

Thank you for any help!

ThofikhAhamad
 replied on December 4, 2015

·       Microsoft

·       Support Engineer

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you with this.

Let's perform a “Startup Repair” using Windows 10 bootable DVD or USB drive and check if that helps. Initiating repair from CD/DVD may have different results than earlier since the source of boot is different now. So, I would suggest to perform the repair again and check if it helps.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

1. Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
  2. In the ‘Windows setup’ page, select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
  3. Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
  4. Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.

You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the above steps doesn't work then, you may need to install Windows 10 again using ISO and media creation tool.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

DCowboysFan10 replied on December 8, 2015

In reply to ThofikhAhamad's post on December 4, 2015

I created the installation media for Windows 10 and downloaded it to a 32 GB USB flash drive. I followed the steps in the description and in the link above. I inserted the USB drive into my Samsung laptop as directed. When my laptop restarts it there seems to be a moment (literally 1 second at most) where the screen turns blue and brings up a white loading circle as if it is going to begin the Windows 10 installation from the USB drive after it restarts, but this quickly cancels for some reason (without any dialogue or explanation) and goes back to the purgatory like loop and sign in screen as described in the initial question. The laptop additionally continues to restart every 60 - 90 seconds and the installation media from the USB drive has not been able to solve this problem.

Are there any other suggestions? It has now been about a week since my laptop has worked. It was completely functional in every way before this "upgrade". This is terrible to see my $900 laptop completely disabled like this. Anymore help is greatly appreciated!

Ruth Buruga replied on December 9, 2015

·       Microsoft

·       Support Engineer

In reply to DCowboysFan10's post on December 8, 2015

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

The issue could be because you are not able to boot from the USB.

1. Upon powering on the laptop, press F10
  2. Select the option to modify the BIOS settings
  3. Go to the Boot Options screen
  4. Set Secure Boot to Disabled
  5. Set BIOS mode to UEFI and Legacy or CSM and UEFI OS
  6. Save settings and reboot
  7. When the Samsung screen comes up again, press F10
  8. Now when you try to select a boot device, the optical drive will be listed.

Note:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Please reply with the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

DCowboysFan10 replied on December 23, 2015

In reply to Ruth Buruga's post on December 9, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for the response. However, the laptop does not respond to the F10 command whatsoever and the BIOS settings never display. Even if it did I'm not sure I'd even be able to change anything since my laptop seems to restart in 30 seconds or less now. I have also tried using Esc and other functions and nothing changes. It has been weeks now and I really need this to be fixed! Any other ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and frustration you have been through. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Rohit Chettri from the following link and check if it helps.

You can also refer to the suggestion by Wasim A as reference.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Thanks

Pavan N

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

The above link to Rohit Chettri's solution does not work. When the power button is selected on my screen a very small and empty gray box comes up above it. There are no options to select in it. Thus, the steps cannot even be taken to begin with.

Additionally, the post by Wasim A is inconsistent with what my problem is. The laptop does not say that the password is incorrect, it does not even recognize that it is being submitted after hitting the enter button.

The use of other irrelevant threads to attempt to answer this begs the question of whether my above post was read in full or at all. Furthermore, it was not even acknowledged that the laptop restarts every 30 seconds. Since my initial problems are not being addressed, my frustration only grows as I continue to be without use of my once fully working computer. 

Here is my proposed solution:

1. Microsoft begins to care about customer service and realizes there is a problem here. 

2. Microsoft offers to receive my laptop my mail and see if they can have their technicians correct it while covering whatever shipping and handling expenses there are, etc.

***Now one of 3 different paths***

3a. Microsoft's technicians correct the issue and restore the laptop to its previous functionality and return it with a compensatory mechanism for all my inconvenience (gift cards or pre-paid services, something to say we're genuinely sorry). This restores the customer's faith and experience with the company and provides incentive for continued business in the future.

3b. Microsoft's team cannot correct the laptop. They extract what they can from the hard drive since there is precious irreplaceable information on there and send that to the customer. Microsoft then provides a check in full for the cost of the laptop which was ruined by their product, then provide a compensatory mechanism for all my inconvenience (gift cards or pre-paid services, something to say we're genuinely sorry). This restores the customer's faith and experience with the company and provides incentive for continued business in the future.

3c. Microsoft continues to submit useless information and/or ignore their customer. The customer calls their lawyer and files legal action. Microsoft demonstrates poor customer service and an inability to admit their mistakes which saves them about $1000ish dollars in present time but causes them to lose out on tens of thousands of dollars in future sales from this customer.

I am a student without my laptop for the past month. I would appreciate if some real solutions could be offered to the problems at hand.

If the person reading this cannot help me with my above plan then paste or message me the email or phone number of someone who can. I am not going to give up on this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am having the same problem with my asus notebook and getting same results from msn and asus and my notebook is only 2 weeks past warrenty.. Ill keep looking for help. You have come to far to give up hang in their..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 19, 2019 Views 697 Applies to: