Cache hierarchy error, PC reboot

Been reading every thread I can find on this.

Last night my PC rebooted itself and in event viewer it was "cache hierarchy error". This is the second time its done this, about 1 week apart. I was a couple hours into flying in the new flight sim when this occurred.

Right before this event I also have "Event 1101 Audit events have been dropped by the transport", and finally "Event 41 Kernel Power".

I have a dump in Windows\LiveKernelReports\WHEA for each shutdown. Today I tried to replicate it by flying in the new flight sim, pushing that GPU for 3 hours. And whilst it got hot, (GPU junction 90 degrees), there was no crash. I have no idea how to replicate this.

This is a brand new PC, less than a month old, specs are: Ryzen 5 3600, Sapphire 5700xt Pulse, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon Max Wifi, 32Gb GSkill Ripjaws V @ 3200Mhz (XMP), Corsair RM650. Drivers are 20.8.3, previous crash occurred on 20.8.2

No overclocking - EVERYTHING is stock except for switching XMP for RAM. Running latest Windows 10 64 bit - 2004.

Using BlueScreenView the problem lies with "ntoskrnl.exe"

Really would appreciate any help in identifying the issue and fixing.

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 4
|
Open start and search for feedback and open Feedback Hub app and report this issue and make sure attach all relevant files.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2021 Views 2,876 Applies to: