BSOD on multiple occasions after Cumulative update on 12/10/2019

Hi,

I got several BSOD in since 12th October, particularly during gaming and watching youtube. But now it crashed and get BSOD when I was just using the browser without video and game launched. 

Link to my Minidump files of several cases and the MSinfo system spec: 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXp0zOqaAkbank9USTvnb8gmMo?e=Sn0Vlw

I have seen ndis.sys most frequently as the issues stated on the BSOD screen. Sometimes it's just "clock watchdog timeout".

I tried to uninstall the latest cumulative update (KB4517389) but no improvement.

I am running win10 build 1903, OS 18362.387

Hi AM

The minidump files indicate e1d65x64.sys as the cause of your system crashes

That is the Intel GigaByte Wireless adapter device drive on your system . . .

The best option to resolve this is to go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturers website, then download and install the Intel GigaByte WiFi driver they recommend, it may well be an older version to the one you are currently running, but should be more compatible . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the reply. I do a reinstall (delete the driver then let window find a new driver) of the Intel Ethernet adapter (I don't think i have the Intel GigaByte WiFi hardware, but anyway...).

Looks like the ndis.sys BSOD has been solved, but a new BSOD occurred with SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION when playing a game.

Link to some more dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXp0zOqaAkbbxHvhadbFEM0bAA?e=HsWAQn

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi AM

Your new minidump files also indicate that Intel WiFi device driver, rather than letting Windows automatically install a new driver, which most likely caused this, you should manually install the recommended drivers from the manufacturer of your PC . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Dave,

I follow your method, downloaded the latest driver for the ethernet adaptor, uninstalled the old driver on the device, and install the latest one.

There was a period of no issue yesterday night(GMT +8), but issue re-surface, with even severe occasion of BSOD, right after the PC reboot and get back on desktop.

Link to new dump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXp0zOqaAkbd7d-OExP8seMBt8?e=y8QsFu

It even prompt me to the reinstall Win10 screen at one point.......

Please help, so annoying........

Sorry this didn't help.

In case i forgot to share the dump on 14th October (or the second zip file)

Minidump 2: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXp0zOqaAkbdmwMHCcs_AvYcpM?e=Rfo5Vc

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

My name is Lester and hopefully, this helps answer your question.

The error pertains to the Graphic driver which is not compatible, it might be the Nvidia doesn't release latest version compatible with the newest update.

The best resolution for that as of the moment is to do a system restore or go back to previous version.

Go back to previous version:

For a limited time after upgrading to Windows 10, you’ll be able to go back to your previous version of Windows by selecting the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Recovery and then selecting Get started under Go back to the previous version of Windows 10. This will keep your personal files, but it'll remove apps and drivers installed after the upgrade, as well as any changes you made to settings. In most cases, you'll have 10 days to go back.

System Restore:

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app or driver, and when you create a restore point manually. Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results
- In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

- Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

- In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

- Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

- You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

Hope this will help.

Lester
Independent Advisor

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2020 Views 114 Applies to: