Blue Screen after shut down

Posting this issue with the hopes that maybe some one else has this blue screen pop up after they shut down their computer, hoping that maybe I can find a fix for this issue.   Upon shutting down within maybe four seconds we get the following blue screen. Smiley Face icon- "Your pc ran into a problem and need to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. (count down % running then system shuts down) For more information about this issue and possible fixes visit https:// windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person give them this info. Stop code: PNP DETECT FATAL ERROR".  Some of the geeks tell me that this is a Bug Check 0xAB SESSION__HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error.  This has been going on for about a week at least, and it happens on both my side and the wife side of our computer.  It does not keep us from using the system as it boots back up depending on our shut off method.   Our system is a 2016 Dell inspiron 660 running win 10 home.

Question Info

Last updated May 23, 2019 Views 107 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Download the ISO from:
https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Follow the instructions in the following article how to use Rufus how to make a bootable copy:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Here is the short version:

You can download Rufus, for free.

http://rufus.akeo.ie/

After downloading Rufus, connect your thumb drive, launch Rufus application, click in the Device list box then choose your thumb drive.

Click in the list box then choose your partition scheme. If you select the ISO, Rufus will automatically select the appropriate options for you. Next, click in the File system list box, then choose FAT32. If your thumb drive is larger than 32 GBs, choose exFAT.

Leave the default Cluster size then enter a label for your thumb drive.

Click the choose disk image icon, browse to where the ISO file is located, select it then click Open.

Click Start to copy the files to the thumb drive.

If you have any files on the thumb drive, they will be deleted.

Wait while the files are copied to your thumb drive.

Close when complete

Follow the steps to perform a custom install:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Is there a way to check if have a bootable thumb drive prior to performing a custom install?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can attempt to boot from it and if it boots to the install now screen, that would determine if its bootable.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Sorry this didn't help.

FYI.  working on the list of things, but ended up with an issue and didn't want to look for a place to post it. 

ie.  Have portal site in my favorites that I have been able to access until yesterday. Usually type in my user and pass word and I am there, yesterday and today I get a blank page.  I have no problem accessing this portal site on my Win7 machine.  With all the things that I have done did I screw something else up?  Is there a fix?  The portal is our management company for condo complex..

gabby

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you try accessing it through Internet Explorer?
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

Sorry this didn't help.

Posting this issue with the hopes that maybe some one else has this blue screen pop up after they shut down their computer, hoping that maybe I can find a fix for this issue.   Upon shutting down within maybe four seconds we get the following blue screen. Smiley Face icon- "Your pc ran into a problem and need to restart. We're just collecting some error info and then we'll restart for you. (count down % running then system shuts down) For more information about this issue and possible fixes visit https:// windows.com/stopcode. If you call a support person give them this info. Stop code: PNP DETECT FATAL ERROR".  Some of the geeks tell me that this is a Bug Check 0xAB SESSION__HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error.  This has been going on for about a week at least, and it happens on both my side and the wife side of our computer.  It does not keep us from using the system as it boots back up depending on our shut off method.   Our system is a 2016 Dell inspiron 660 running win 10 home.

Want to let you guys know that I'm having the exact same Bug Check 0xAB SESSION__HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT error as of the past 2 weeks. Although mine happens silently in the background during PC boot and I can see the hardware error appearing in the Reliability History. I don't notice anything weird when using the PC.

Someone else at tenforums.com is having the exact same error with the same Windows build version 17763.437 (for me it also happens on 17763.503). He is using integrated Intel Graphics and I'm using Nvidia drivers so I tend to think this error has to do with a Cumulative Update from MS. 

Here's a piece of the dump file:

BugCheck AB, {3, 200, 0, 5}
Probably caused by : win32kfull.sys ( win32kfull!CheckSessionPoolAllocations+8caae )
0: kd> !analyze -v

SESSION_HAS_VALID_POOL_ON_EXIT (ab)
Caused by a session driver not freeing its pool allocations prior to a
session unload. This indicates a bug in win32k.sys, atmfd.dll,
rdpdd.dll or a video driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, session ID
Arg2: 0000000000000200, number of paged pool bytes that are leaking
Arg3: 0000000000000000, number of nonpaged pool bytes that are leaking
Arg4: 0000000000000005, total number of paged and nonpaged allocations that are leaking.
nonpaged allocations are in the upper half of this word,
paged allocations are in the lower half of this word.

Sorry this didn't help.