Windows 10 won't boot, won't reset, system restore failed,

I am getting extremely frustrated, I recently downloaded a different antivirus software when my Mcafee subscription came to a hault. So shortly after downloading "Avast" my computer crashed and I have tried everything I can think of and all recommendations I have seen in other threads. Can someone help me? I am attachig photos which should explain in more depth than I can. 

Basically my computer boots up and "automatic repair" start, does nothing, tells me I need to try an advanced option. System restore has failed, hard reset failed, and EVERY other option fails. Also have tried some different options in command prompt. 

Answer
Answer

Hi James,

It’s possible that your Windows 10 computer won’t boot properly because of a corrupted operating system. We suggest that you create a recovery disc using another computer for you to perform the repair upgrade on your affected device. Repair Upgrade is a way to fix damaged files and repair the health of your Windows image. To do this, you need to have a DVD or USB flash drive plugged in on your computer to download the Media Creation Tool. This tool is an installation media where you can perform the repair upgrade that you can find in this article. Once you have the Media Creation Tool in your USB flash drive or DVD, plug it into your affected computer and do a repair by following the steps provided by Andre Da Costa on this Forum Article.

We’re always available if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 21, 2024 Views 1,541 Applies to: