Windows 10 Sync Center

While Windows 10 appears to recognize my Windows 6.1 and 6.5 Mobile devices (I hear the tones when I plug them into or unplug them from a USB port), Sync Center does NOT appear to recognize them.  As a developer for these devices, I have a requirement to keep my software up to date for my customers.  While I can work around some of the issues of not having an "Active Sync" connection by using an SD Card to move files around, other issues, like debugging, are impossible.  It would appear that Windows Mobile Device Center no longer works and everywhere I look it says to use the Sync Center instead.  I appear to be caught in the twilight zone, since Sync Center can't or won't talk to these devices.  HELP, please!
Answer
Answer

Hi,

For the mean time, Microsoft temporarily disables Windows 10 Sync Center because of the recent mass ransomware attack for security purposes. For now, we recommend you to wait for the next Windows Update. Microsoft and other companies are currently working to fight this massive ransomware attack.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

43 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

we had same problem using windows 10 on Getac units and Trimble units

found a fix at https://support.waspbarcode.com/kb/articles/wmdc-helper-exe-for-windows-10-by-juniper-systems 

download the wmdc-helper.exe file

run it as administrator

restart pc and device should now connect 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 15, 2022 Views 7,935 Applies to: