Windows 10 reboot loop with Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you.

Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you.

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT-HANDLED.

My computer refuses to boot. It is a constant loop. I have no idea what happened I was in the middle of playing World of Warcraft and the blue screen came on and has been looping for an hour.  I have Turned it off and unplugged my laptop and let it set for a whole day and turned it back on and it just started the loop again. I have tried to get into the reboot screen with F8 but nothing seems to happen on windows 10 this that command.  I can access my F2 setup menu but that is it.  I have an Acer Aspire 5560-7414.

I have enjoyed Windows 10 so far I would love to get this fixed so I can get back to my laptop and working with it.

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2018 Views 94,513 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are unable to boot the computer normally. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to conflict between third party applications or corrupt System Files.

Method 1: 

To boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs, follow these steps. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:
I suggest you to refer the article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2:
If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode. 

Method 2:

If you are not able to boot to Safe Mode also, I suggest you boot the computer from installation media and perform Automatic Repair from Windows Recovery environment. 

Step 1:
To create Windows 10 installation media, you may refer the article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Step 2:

To perform automatic repair from the Windows Recovery environment follow these steps.

a) Insert the installation media such as (USB or DVD) and restart the computer.
b) Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.
c) Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps.
d) Click Next and select Repair your computer.
e) You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose.
f) Choose the option Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.
g) You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

31 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Neither of these options worked.  

Method 1:

the link you provided me has you do it from your setting which I can not access due to the loop it is in, or it tells you to do it from Sign In screen which the computer never gets to because of the loop.  I tried to hold the shift down and hitting the actual power button but that did not do anything except turn the computer off.

The loop moves like this

OFF -> Acer screen (where I can hit f2 or f12) -> Black screen with the windows Icon and it says preparing automatic repair -> to Blue screen which says Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart it for you.

If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT-HANDLED. -> restarting the computer.

Never giving me the options of doing method 1.

Method 2:

In step 1 you ask me to go to a link to create Windows 10 installation media, you may refer the article.  when I went to the link it was titled this: Get to safe mode and other startup settings in windows 10.  No where in the article does it tell you how to to create windows 10 installation media.  So I searched for installation media and eventually ended up at this location

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

from there clicked on the button DOWNLOAD TOOL NOW and it downloaded the MediaCreationTool.exeI took that file and I did a format to a USB drive and transferred the .exe file to it.  I then placed that file into my Laptop and when the first Acer screen appeared I hit F12 and got to the Boot Menu.  At this menu I selected option 4 (USB HDD: USB Flash Disk and hit enter. From here it went to a black screen with the cursor in the top left of the screen after about 2 seconds the words Missing operating system appeared with the cursor at the end and nothing else happened.  I had to power it off with the power button and then I restarted it and the loop began again.  

I don't know if there is a way that you can access safe mode with just hitting an F# key on start up or if there is a different or better link to go to, to get the Windows 10 Installation media?  is what I found correct?  If it is why did it not boot from the flash drive? How big should the Windows 10 installation media be.  The MediaCreationTool.exe was very small in size.

Please help me.  I would really like to get my laptop back up and running again?  Do I need to reinstall Windows 7 and then upgrade to Windows 10 again?

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Frustrating.  This is the exact same point I am at now, but there is no follow up here on how to solve this.  Grrr.  I was hoping for a reply here to be able to continue.  Neither of the above options help as I can't even get to that part of the process.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. I was playing agar.io and the blue screen popped up saying,"Your PC ran into a problem. We are just trying to find info then we will restart it." I restarted the pc. It booted up and after 10-20 sec that blue screen again popped up. I tried restarting my pc several times but after 10-20 secs the same thing happened. I thought I had problems with the windows. That's why I tried reinstalling windows 10. But even in the installation the same thing happens. The pc stays on for like 30 seconds and then the same blue screen pops up. I need help asap. Please help me.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

H!! See if this helps!

Hi See if you can boot into the Advanced Startup mode.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2294-advanced-startup-options-boot-windows-10-a.html

Here's trick if you don't have the operating system operating installation files!

If your PC isn’t loading Windows 10 and you don’t have the operating system installation files, you can use the following trick.

1. Start your computer and follow the POST, when Windows should begin loading, press the power button to shutdown your computer.

2. Repeat the previous step twice, and in the third restart the operating system should enter into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE), where a number of diagnostics will be performed to try fix any booting issues, but you will also get an option to access the Windows Startup Settings

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have windows installed anymore. I tried to reinstall it and I've formatted C drive. I am having the problem in the installation process too. 

13 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't have windows installed anymore. I tried to reinstall it and I've formatted C drive. I am having the problem in the installation process too. 

Sorry friend! I have no idea what your trying to do. You formatted the C drive?? Now your trying to install what?? Here's where to get the media creation tool for W10!

Sorry this didn't help.

I finally had to take mine into a local computer shop and they just cleaned it.  it was like $45.  They wanted to do a lot more but it was work and still is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi so I'm having this issue as well, i tried your solution however it seems to have made it worse. Now, my computer wont go past the logo. It freezes and becomes unresponsive. Before that I was in the middle of reinstalling​ Windows 10 however during one of the resets it does during the installation, i got the blue screen.

Before I attempted this solution, I kept receiving a dialogue box while it was "preparing" saying the installation ran into an error or restarted unexpectedly and needs to restart. Now i have nothing. Any help at all? From anyone? 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Here's how to use the USB flash to install W10!

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/bios-uefi-setup-guide-boot-from-cd-dvd-usb-drive-sd-card/

Here's where you get the Media creation tool!

Let me know how things go!

15 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.