Windows 10 Pro Cant Run DiRT 3

Hello There!

Recently I Updated To Windows 10 Pro And Tryed Installing DiRT 3 On The PC

The Installation Went Fine With No Errors But It Doesnt Want To Run!

I Tryed Troubleshooting , Fixes , Youtube But Nothing Helped...

My PC Specs Are:

8GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9800GT 512MB
Windows 10 Pro x64 (Registered)

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz x2

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more detaisl on the below questions.

• What are the related error messages to the issue? Also, do you face any other issues?
  • Did you check if the game you are referring to is compatible to run with Windows 10?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
  • Did you check if reinstalling the game helps to resolve the issue?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be bale to assist you further.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more detaisl on the below questions.

• What are the related error messages to the issue? Also, do you face any other issues?
  • Did you check if the game you are referring to is compatible to run with Windows 10?
  • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
  • Did you check if reinstalling the game helps to resolve the issue?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to place the computer in a Clean Boot state and check if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be bale to assist you further.

Thanks But Nothing Worked!

I Did A Clean Boot And Installed Only Steam And World of Tanks And They Both Run Good

I Tryed Re-Installing DiRT 3 But Still The Same Problem....

I Have Minimum Requirements And As Far As I Know Alot Of People Run DiRT 3 on Windows 10 Fine...

I Tryed Running As Administrator Nothing...Tryed Setting Windows 7,8,XP SP3,Vista SP2 Still Nothing...

I Can See DiRT 3 Running Under Processes (Task Manager) But After A Few Seconds Is Dissapears..

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well....Still Nothing??? I Really Want To Play DiRT 3 On My PC

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hi,

me too have problem, game "Dirt 3" DVD rom version is impossible of installed on windows 10 home.

game good work on windows 8.1, i upgrade windows 8.1 for windows 10 home and impossible installed my game :(

and sure impossible play.

FIX the problem Microsoft.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

We'd like to check if you are still experiencing the issue on your Windows 10 PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

"FIX the problem Microsoft."

The problem is not to do with Win10, but you could say Monopoly$oft is at fault.

There are some details missing from DaRedWolf's posts that may lead to other issues, but...

This is one of many games that used  MS's  much reviled Games For Windows Live.

After years of GFWL causing problems MS unceremoniously dumped it a couple of years ago,

which has caused new problems.

- Fortunately DIRT 3 is one of the few games with a GFWL problem that the games publisher has made it

possible to redeem your disk key code for on Steam ( you get the 'complete' version with all DLC ).

Note that Steam is no longer Selling this game, so it won't come up in their store,  but you can still download

it after you redeem the code

( I had not bothered changing as I was already using an xliveless fix/hack, but I entered my code a few minutes

ago and Steam has made the game available for download on my account. )

The title of this thread said 'can't run'. Maybe not for the OP when he posted over a year ago, but

I've never had a problem running my disk based version of game on Win10 ( I've used an xliveless fix since

first installing the game on Win7 ).

The xliveless fix  does not work with on line play, and while I don't get any ghost car off line, the game

has saved my progress.

- While I have been able to run the game on Win10, some games have an issue when changing Windows versions.

I had this problem with Batman AC, and had to redeem it on Steam to get it to run again. I lost my 42%

progress, but the Steam version was the GOTY version, so I got the extras I didn't have with the disk.

Win some,  lose some.  :)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In the Steam folder, enter the SteamApps folder, then in the common folder, right click on dirt3_game, properties, Windows 7 compatibility.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

100% working trick to run dirt 3 in windows 10..i tried everything but nothing worked until i did the following steps
watch the video im sure it'll help :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVfC54ExXE

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 21, 2024 Views 16,065 Applies to: