Windows 10 PC with Pentium Core 2 Duo hangs up after few minutes of working

Hi,

I upgraded my PC with Pentium Core 2 Duo, from Windows 7 to Windows 10. After this upgrade, the PC hangs up in middle of working and require a hard reboot. Once this reboot is done, it works well without issues. Can someone help me to solve this issue?

Hi Jagadishar,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Please answer the below questions for the better understanding of the issue.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

2. Are you using a Local account or a Microsoft account?

3. Do you receive any error message related to the issue?

In the meantime please try to run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Please run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persists.

1. Go to control panel.

2. Select system and maintenance.

3. There select troubleshooting.

4. In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select run maintenance task.

5. Select system maintenance and follow the on screen instructions.

Please get back to us with the necessary details so that we can resolve your issue at the earliest.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please find below my feedback;

Make of computer: HCL Desktop

Account: I am using Microsoft account

No, i don't receive any error message

I tried to troubleshoot with below procedures. There is no findings from this troubleshooting.

Kindly revert back.

Regards

Jagadish

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Try the Methods.

Method 1: Start computer in safe mode and then perform clean boot.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Step 2: I suggest you to perform clean boot and check, using this Microsoft Article because may be a third party application is causing this issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

NOTE: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot. You must log on to the computer as an administrator to be able to perform a clean boot. Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when you perform a clean boot. When you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original error message, or experience the original behavior if the problem still exists. If the computer is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section “How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting” to boot the computer in normal mode.

Method 2:

Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. It will scan your system files and to repair missing or corrupted system files in Windows. To run the SFC scan, refer to the Microsoft article below.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 28, 2023 Views 1,247 Applies to: