Windows 10 Creators update causes frame rate drops and stuttering while gaming!

So I have been trying to get Microsoft's attention in any way I can. This issue is literally rendering my gaming PC nearly useless.

Ever since the Creators Update I have had severe stuttering and drops in frame rate.  I took to an online community that was having the same problems I was and they have tested this situation many times.  With multiple combinations of Windows 10 versions and Nvidia driver versions, the people on the forum managed to determine that the problem develops with the Windows 10 Creators Update build 1703.

Most of us suffering from this have already exhausted all the suggested remedies and the problem still persists. Some of us have been dealing with it for around three months now.  I just recently switched to PC gaming and I'm already extremely angry and infuriated. It feels like they're trying to ignore us or sweep us under the rug and step over us.

If anyone is interested in trying to improve the PC gaming industry, wanting to urge Microsoft to take care of their users, or just want to support a good cause come check out our forum to better understand the issues and join my Facebook group to help make a change.

|

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Same here, 1607 works like a charm but since Microsoft is not offering old versions we are stuck at 1703.

This is discussed on the Nvidia forum at:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1004600/geforce-drivers/all-games-stuttering-with-fps-drops-since-windows-10-creators-update/

I have posted this on the Feedback Hub at:

https://aka.ms/gi5dvo

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Same here, 1607 works like a charm but since Microsoft is not offering old versions we are stuck at 1703.

there's a way of getting 1607 using Google's devoloper tools if your interested

this was asked previously in this thread

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/give-us-back-the-1607-images-please/43fb6ced-9b48-445b-9e70-968cecf3885f

a little bit of stuffing around but gets the job done

hth

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The GeForece forums is actually where I started. I was taking to the Microsoft Community to try and reach the company on some level.  I'm hoping to become a bit of a pest to be honest.  I have a Facebook group for this and have been sending tweets out to Microsoft, Windows, and Nvidia to try and get some attention.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks you so much for the link. This sounds like it may be a my only option. For some reason I feel wary of editing my registry and using development tools for which I have little knowledge.  I refuse to give Microsoft $100 of my money for an upgrade to Pro.  I could use Rufus (I do have some experience with it) but where do I get a 100%, fully clean copy of Windows 10 1607, let alone OEM?  Microsoft won't hand it out, from what I understand.

I'm sorry. I just have such a huge problem with all of this. This is making me so very angry and depressed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

No worries

Glad i could help

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

An NVIDIA Customer Care rep finally posted on the GeForce Experience Forums. If you haven't yet, please fill out this Survey and send in your feedback. NVIDIA needs to know so they can fix this. Please!

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

For anyone who has this problem that comes across this post, there is a link here for an OEM copy of Windows 10 version 1607.  If you have a Pro, Education or Enterprise version of Windows 10, you can defer updates and remain at version 1607.  Pairing this with NVIDIA drivers 378.92 should cure the problem.

Now, I cannot say this for sure, as I only have a Home version of Windows 10. I cannot test this at all so to be perfectly frank, I'm still screwed lol.  If anyone here has to try this, let us know if it works, eh?

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You are correct, the direct link on how to get 1607 is here:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-rs2-version-1703-build-15063-creators-update-direct-download-links/

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ooops.  Forgot to add the link now didn't I lol.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/?tduid=(ddd480aaaf0671010ffaafa77f604a43)(259740)(2542549)(UUwpUdUnU42416)()

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I can confirm this. Windows Pro and Enterprise users can roll-back the update - back to 1607. 

I have a GTX 1080 card with driver (version): 384.76. Which at this time is the latest driver. This did not fix these issues (stuttering and FPS drops) in Windows build 1703. But after rolling back to 1607 all is working fine. 

You can defer updates if you are on Pro or Enterprise. I would also recommend you stop auto-updates just to make sure. Defer does just that, it defers updates for a month or so. So if you have auto-update on it will update. Best to turn it off. 

Unfortunately MS bundles updates (you can no longer pick and choose), so delaying updates will delay all updates, including definition updates. So be mindful. 

= Stephen Cox

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated June 26, 2020 Views 14,708 Applies to: