Why is Windows 10 so bad?

Hey, Microsoft person who may or may not reply with a "pulling the corporate line" answer, why is Windows 10 so bad?  Don't give me a fluffy answer like, "we are continuing to work to make Windows 10 the best experience possible.  Please be specific in your question.".  You know 10 is terrible.  YOU DO!  So just be honest and tell everyone why.  Windows 10 is slow.  Programs are not compatible or have constant issues.  Constant updates and with every update a new problem arises.  Have a machine that ran Windows 7 like a champ.  A few months after "updating" to Windows 10 and the machine just quit.  Just sits there spinning that stupid blue ball until I restart then it starts all over again.  Can't save files anymore because I don't have permission.  I'M SIGNED IN AS ADMINISTRATOR!  How?  How could you screw this up so bad for so many people?  For many this is the way we do business and it's all messed up.  What a joke and it's on us.
Answer
Answer

Hi Clay,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, we apologize for the inconvenience. 

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

Do not worry, the issue can be fixed.

If you are getting a Blue screen with a running circle, then try the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then boot up.

If this corrects the issue then add the devices back one at a time until you discover the piece of hardware causing the issue. Then install the updated driver software for that device.

Method 2

I suggest you to update the BIOS, Chipset, Graphics card driver and network drivers.

You may need to get in touch with the computer manufacturer for assistance to update the BIOS.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Method 3: Safe Mode

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs or not. If not, the problem may be related to installed software. Uninstall software that you are no longer using.  In Safe Mode computer starts with minimal set of drivers and files.

Refer the article to boot to Safe Mode:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Method 4: Run Check Disk

I suggest you to run Check Disk which performs an analysis of the disk. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X.
  2. Click on Command prompt (Admin).
  3. Type chkdsk /f and hit enter.

NOTE: The root drive has to be C: and the command may schedule a task at the system startup, if it does, then press Y to schedule a task and restart the computer to perform chkdsk.

If you are unable to save files, you can fix this using these steps:

1. Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
  2. Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
  3. Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.

This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.             

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 38,122 Applies to: