SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (NTFS.sys) Windows 10 x64

090217-28890-01.dmp 02.09.2017 12:19:36 SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff801`4a20a0eb ffffe381`56dc56a8 ffffe381`56dc4ef0 NTFS.sys NTFS.sys+14149d 64-бит NTFS.sys+a0eb C:\Windows\Minidump\090217-28890-01.dmp 4 15 15063 485 774 02.09.2017 12:20:50

After exiting sleep mode the blue screen appeared. I don't understand why.

I have just 1 minidump.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqtVyuesxySohlVRzbefq_vR7Xhb

Hi,

Most blue screen errors are either caused by faulty or out-of-date drivers, or corrupted system files. The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

In order for us to troubleshoot this error, you need to get to the desktop or start your PC in safe mode. If you are not able to start your PC normally, you need to boot from a media to access the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).If you don't have a media, you can download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT.exe) here, and then refer to the Using the tool to create installation media section for the steps.

Once you have the media ready, follow the steps below to start your PC in safe mode:

1. Boot either from the disc or the USB, whichever applies to your situation.
  2. Click on Repair your computer. This will bring you to a blue screen with Advanced Options.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  4. After your PC restarts, there will be a list of options. Press 4 or F4 for Safe Mode, but if your PC is connected to the internet via Ethernet, we suggest pressing 5 or F5 to start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

Once you're in safe mode, we suggest that you scan for hardware changes in Device Manager, run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to identify other errors and update the device drivers in Device Manager as well.

To scan for hardware changes:

1. Press Win+X, and then select Device Manager.
  2. Click on Action, and then Scan for hardware changes.

To use the Hardware and devices troubleshooter, see this support article, and then click on Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

To update drivers in Windows 10, refer to this support article.

Let us know how it turns out.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Most blue screen errors are either caused by faulty or out-of-date drivers, or corrupted system files. The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.

In order for us to troubleshoot this error, you need to get to the desktop or start your PC in safe mode. If you are not able to start your PC normally, you need to boot from a media to access the Windows Recovery Environment (WinRE).If you don't have a media, you can download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool (MCT.exe) here, and then refer to the Using the tool to create installation media section for the steps.

Once you have the media ready, follow the steps below to start your PC in safe mode:

1. Boot either from the disc or the USB, whichever applies to your situation.
  2. Click on Repair your computer. This will bring you to a blue screen with Advanced Options.
  3. Click on Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
  4. After your PC restarts, there will be a list of options. Press 4 or F4 for Safe Mode, but if your PC is connected to the internet via Ethernet, we suggest pressing 5 or F5 to start your PC in Safe Mode with Networking.

Once you're in safe mode, we suggest that you scan for hardware changes in Device Manager, run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to identify other errors and update the device drivers in Device Manager as well.

To scan for hardware changes:

1. Press Win+X, and then select Device Manager.
  2. Click on Action, and then Scan for hardware changes.

To use the Hardware and devices troubleshooter, see this support article, and then click on Find and fix problems with devices and hardware.

To update drivers in Windows 10, refer to this support article.

Let us know how it turns out.

Sorry, but I couldn't find "Scan for hadware changes" in Action's menu.

Also I have no internet connection in Safe Mode with Networking because of the "visual c++ runtime problem". Maybe I have a problem with wlan driver?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

. . . .

Also I have no internet connection in Safe Mode with Networking because of the "visual c++ runtime problem". Maybe I have a problem with wlan driver?

Sorry for barging in, alwhiskey. I hope I can help. You can be right, since we can consider that the system is having a little problem when trying to recognize a hardware (WLAN driver), and will cause a blue screen crash error if an improper driver is installed. We're you able to check for an updated version of the WLAN driver?

Since we're thinking that this hardware is influential, could you check this:

Device manager > Network Adapters > right-click on your Network card name > Properties > Advanced tab.

From here, you will see the Property section. Scroll down and look for the Wake on Magic Packet and see if its Value is set to Enabled.

Feel free to update us, and we can proceed if necessary.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

. . . .

Sorry for barging in, alwhiskey. I hope I can help. You can be right, since we can consider that the system is having a little problem when trying to recognize a hardware (WLAN driver), and will cause a blue screen crash error if an improper driver is installed. We're you able to check for an updated version of the WLAN driver?

Since we're thinking that this hardware is influential, could you check this:

Device manager > Network Adapters > right-click on your Network card name > Properties > Advanced tab.

From here, you will see the Property section. Scroll down and look for the Wake on Magic Packet and see if its Value is set to Enabled.

Feel free to update us, and we can proceed if necessary.

Checked. Everything is OK.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Reinstalled Visual C++ (05-17). Doesn't help a lot...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the update. Let's proceed by running the System File Checker (SFC) while on Safe Mode. We recommend to run it at least twice (or as necessary), just to be sure that each system files will be scanned thoroughly.

Also, please provide us the following info:

Device make and model:
Type of hard drive installed (HDD or SSD):
Current driver under Device Manager > IDE ATA/ATAPI installed:
Screenshot of the System Information:

Awaiting your reply.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 10, 2023 Views 47 Applies to: