Microsoft edge keeps refreshing

Like stated in the title every few minutes or so I would be reading something and as I scroll down a ways it would all of a sudden refresh and I would have to scroll all the way back to where I was just for it a few minutes later refresh again is there a fix for this???
Answer
Answer
Hello Chris,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the Inconvenience caused with Microsoft Edge.

I appreciate if you could answer the below question to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

1. Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
2. Are you facing this issue in one particular website or all the websites?
3. Did you check if the problem exists with Internet Explorer as well?

You may follow the below methods and check.

Method 1: You may refer to the below article to clear the cache and browsing history from EDGE browser and check if it helps.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Method 2: If the issue still persists, Let’s Reset Microsoft Edge and check if it helps.

Resetting the Microsoft edge will remove your bookmarks and History.

Follow the instruction provided below and check.
a. Navigate to the following location:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe

b. Delete everything in this folder. 
c. Now, type Windows Powershell in search box.
d. Right click on Windows Powershell and select Run as administrator.
e. Copy and paste the following command.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers -Name Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml" –Verbose}

Disclaimer: The Reset Edge Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Edge Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Edge Settings feature. Resetting Edge isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Reference: For more information about EDGE browser, you may refer to the below help article.

Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would recommend you to check for latest Windows Updates. Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for Updates. If you have any pending updates remaining to install, kindly install them and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2020 Views 12,068 Applies to: