High/100% Disk Usage on Win 10

Hello everyone, I've Win 10 Home installed on my laptop and I'm facing a horrible problem, which is 100% Disk usage. I tried many things to solve this problem like disabling the Windows superfetch, windows search and I changed google chrome settings and many other things, but nothing helps, it stills 100%, sometimes 75%-95% and in other times it's 0% and that's confusing!

I hope that you guys help me to solve this problem, because I swear I'm gonna break my laptop I can't deal with that anymore !

Thanks In Advance :) 

***post moved to the appropriate category by the forum moderator***

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2019 Views 73,179 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-100-percent-disk-usage-problem

Hope this helps, Good luck!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Microsoft MVP (Windows IT Pro), since 2014 · Windows Insider MVP · Windows Help (www.kapilarya.com)

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-100-percent-disk-usage-problem

Hope this helps, Good luck!

thank you for your solution, but I was unable to find Standard SATA AHCI Controller in my device manager !
Also, I don't have SSD I have HDD

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

Just to follow up on your concern. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Looking forward to your response.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

Just to follow up on your concern. Are you still experiencing this issue?

Looking forward to your response.

For sorry yess I still have the same problem. I can't deal with this.

I made a lot of things and another new problem appeared is the Start menu problem. it's not a big deal but disk usage is a disaster !!! I don't know why Microsoft hadn't solve this problem !

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

We understand that the 100% Disk usage is affecting the performance your computer. We would like to know what application in the Task Manager is consuming the most Disk usage. If possible, kindly provide us a screenshot of all the process in Task Manager. There may also be a third party program running in the background that is causing the issue. We recommend that you perform a clean boot to see if the Disk usage will go down while your third party apps are disabled.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jamal,

We understand that the 100% Disk usage is affecting the performance your computer. We would like to know what application in the Task Manager is consuming the most Disk usage. If possible, kindly provide us a screenshot of all the process in Task Manager. There may also be a third party program running in the background that is causing the issue. We recommend that you perform a clean boot to see if the Disk usage will go down while your third party apps are disabled.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Thank you for your reply it's affected by more than one program sometimes the System may cause this another times it's affected by Service Host:Super fetch, and windows explorer other times it's due to Service Host:Cryptography services and other programs by the system but it's rarely to be caused by a third party program.

I've tried to disable Service Host:Super Fetch and windows explorer but that didn't help.

Furthermore, When the Disk is 100% in use only (0.2-3)MBs are used ! 

Hope You solve my problem.

Thanks in Advance

Sorry this didn't help.

You mentioned that even if you  disable the Host: Super Fetch and Windows Explorer, the disk usage is still high. Again, we recommend that you perform a clean boot so that we can isolate the issue. We also suggest that you post a screenshot of the processes in Task Manager so that we can also see the programs that are running in the background.

We hope to hear from you soon.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You mentioned that even if you  disable the Host: Super Fetch and Windows Explorer, the disk usage is still high. Again, we recommend that you perform a clean boot so that we can isolate the issue. We also suggest that you post a screenshot of the processes in Task Manager so that we can also see the programs that are running in the background.

thanks for you reply.

At the moment the Disk usage is normal, but at anytime it may be 100% without any reason !
I'll give you a screenshot when the Disk is in use with 100%.

but I don't think making a clean boot is a good idea because sometimes the problem doesn't happen as I said, it suddenly become 100% !

Sorry this didn't help.

We would like to know if you're still experiencing issue. If so, we highly recommend that you perform a clean boot for us to isolate the issue. If you don't want to perform a clean boot, you can boot your computer to safe mode so that you can check if the issue will occur while Windows 10 is running in a basic state. We would also recommend you to send us a screenshot of the processes found in Task Manager if you're still experiencing the issue for us to know what process is causing the high disk usage.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

We would like to know if you're still experiencing issue. If so, we highly recommend that you perform a clean boot for us to isolate the issue. If you don't want to perform a clean boot, you can boot your computer to safe mode so that you can check if the issue will occur while Windows 10 is running in a basic state. We would also recommend you to send us a screenshot of the processes found in Task Manager if you're still experiencing the issue for us to know what process is causing the high disk usage.

I’m experiencing exactly the same problem as Jamal describes. I have also tried a number of things like turning off SuperFetch etc., etc., which seemed to work for a while, but the problem comes back randomly.

When it occurs it can become better after having the PC running for about 45 minutes…

My Laptop worked perfectly with Windows 7 and a few weeks after the update, but then all of a sudden this started to happen.

The HW shouldn’t be an issue as I have 8 GB in RAM and a Pentium i5 processor.
Now the PC is barely usable and I’m reluctant to buy a new PC, just to find the same problems with the new one, (as I have seen that people are experiencing this kind of problem, also on new  items)

A snip of the Task Manager (in Swedish).

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.