Getting Blue Screen of Death on Windows 10 with error IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Old title: Hey, I've continually had BSoDs. Windows 10.

Hello, folks, I'm looking for some help. In all honesty, it probably won't affect me too much if I get it fixed or not, but I mean, BSoDs are probably considered bad for a reason, right?

To provide what may be useful context, so occasionally, I'd get BSoDs, right? Ehh, I freaked out for a while, but it honestly wasn't that frequent so I wasn't too worried. Computer didn't seem to be having issues either.

Some bad crashes and freezes happened while gaming a lot, so I was pretty annoyed. Turned out it was Windows rudely interrupting my gaming to restart for updates. I didn't know that was gonna happen because I had had a registry key on in Windows 7 to prevent force restarting for any updates. But, in the end, I think I managed to fix that issue. I think.

Oh, and it turned out that my laptop might have been overheating, so after I put a few Duplo (those large Lego blocks) blocks on the corners under my laptop, overheating issues disappeared. No BSoDs from that either.

Also figured out that Nvidia was running some godawful bloatware nonsense that wasn't even supported by my graphics card, and a friend told me a method to disable it from even working.

So, since I got those two things figured out, I supposed that BSoDs would have almost no chance of occuring now, but, voila, they did, which is why I'm posting.

This may be useful, but yesterday, 4/15/16, I was playing Battlefield 3, and the frames were dropping like crazy, and I started rubberbanding at one point. It was highly unusual, and I was pretty positive it wasn't an internet issue, since I fixed those a while back. I thought maybe it could be symptomatic of something else.

I think I've included the useful files. I have included 2 .dmp files from the "C:/WINDOWS/Minidump" folder and one from "C:/WINDOWS/". I also saved an .nfo file. Please tell me if there's anything I'm missing. I'm not in desperate need of help, but I don't think the BSoDs are doing any good to my computer.

Also, according to the BSoD, it was a DRIVER IRQL Not Less or Equal error, I think. That same error was usually the cause of my other, previous BSoDs, which might be useful info.

Edit: Whoops, I didn't realize I didn't upload them correctly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5904U-Rl1nZHNlM3VPSWFONjQ/view?usp=sharing

|
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

The IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check has a value of 0x0000000A. This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This bug check is issued if paged memory (or invalid memory) is accessed when the IRQL is too high. The error that generates this bug check usually occurs after the installation of a faulty device driver, system service, or BIOS. If you encounter bug check 0xA while upgrading to a later version of Windows, this error might be caused by a device driver, a system service, a virus scanner, or a backup tool that is incompatible with the new version.

From the description, I suspect that the problem is occurring due to incompatible or malfunctioning Graphics card drivers or some other driver. I suggest you to check by updating or reinstalling Graphics card drivers once, to see if it sort out the issue. Try updating the Graphics card drivers from device manager and check if it helps:

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “Display adapters”. 

c). Right click on the Graphics card driver and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option How do you want to search driver, then go with Search automatically for updated driver software. If you have a driver available on your PC, then select Browse my computer for driver software, then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it. (Ensure that PC is connected to Internet while performing this step)

d). Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolve the issue. (Recommended step).

If it doesn't fix the issue, then try to remove the existing graphics card driver from your PC through Control Panel and try to install the latest available driver from device manufacturer website. Now check if it fix the issue. Do check this issue by installing old or legacy graphics card drivers (I.e. Windows 7 or Windows 8.1) to see if they make any difference in situation.

Refer Troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10 and check if it helps you in fixing the issue.

In case problem still persist, then try to restore your computer to the date when it is working fine.  If an app or update that you recently installed caused problems with your PC, you can restore Windows back to an earlier point in time, called a restore point. System Restore doesn’t change your personal files, but it might remove recently installed apps and drivers.

Note: Windows automatically creates a restore point when you install desktop apps and new Windows updates, if the last restore point is older than 7 days. You can also create a restore point manually at any time.

To restore your PC to an earlier point in time

* Press Windows Key + R to open run command

* Type rstrui and hit Enter key.

* Select Recommended Restore or any other restore point and click Next

* Follow the instructions to restore your PC to earlier.

Let us know if you require further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2020 Views 1,064 Applies to: