Error Code 0x80070032

Everytime I start my Acer Windows 10 I get the above error code and am told to restart my computer to solve the problem. When I do so I see the same start page and everything works fine.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Ralf,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround:

• Confirm the current build your Windows 10 is running.

• Any changes made prior to the issue?

This error code is triggered when you try to set an external hard disk as your backup location. The issue can also occur when you're trying to install a major update to your Windows 10. The update relies on files that can be accessed from a direct download from Microsoft or  an automatic update through the Windows Update. The error code 0x80070032 arises when you are trying to activate the Automatic File Backups setting. This option is located in the settings menu under the backup option. When you restart your PC to accept the changes made, the update fails to activate, thus the error code 0x80070032 appears.

Moreover, run the Windows Update troubleshooter to scan and resolve issues, the error code should disappear once the troubleshooter finds it.

We look forward to your update on this.

Regards.

23 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello Ralf,

We'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround:

• Confirm the current build your Windows 10 is running.

• Any changes made prior to the issue?

This error code is triggered when you try to set an external hard disk as your backup location. The issue can also occur when you're trying to install a major update to your Windows 10. The update relies on files that can be accessed from a direct download from Microsoft or  an automatic update through the Windows Update. The error code 0x80070032 arises when you are trying to activate the Automatic File Backups setting. This option is located in the settings menu under the backup option. When you restart your PC to accept the changes made, the update fails to activate, thus the error code 0x80070032 appears.

Moreover, run the Windows Update troubleshooter to scan and resolve issues, the error code should disappear once the troubleshooter finds it.

We look forward to your update on this.

Regards.

Dear Jane,

on this Laptop Windows 10 Creator is running. There was the same Problem with the earlier 1607.

I tried all USB ports and even without any USB Connection, always the same error.

I do not have any backups on this PC, there is a SSD and a HDD for Software and temp data only

My Music photos and so on are on two external USB drives with WD Red HDDs. I store all there twice manually.

Once a month I Transfer all this to a third HDD, a WD Green which I connect to the PC just for this Transfer and then I disconnect it to be safe from Ransomware.

So, there is no automatic backup in my Software. Also, the Troubleshooter did not solve the Problem.

And, I did not acvtivate the automatic file backups.

Best Regards, and have a nice day, Ralf from Germany

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Ralf,

Since when have you been experiencing the issue? Can you recall any particular changes you made on the PC prior to the issue? Also, can you send us a screenshot of the error message? In the meantime, you may check this Microsoft article and follow the steps on how you can troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We hope to hear from you soon.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I ran the troubleshooter for this problem,but it still persists..still get error code 0x80070032 and have to restart several times before I can sign in.im on windows10

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Error code 0x80070032 is usually related to signing in to your device and sometimes has to do with PIN issues. Can you confirm if this is the case? Are you able to get to the sign-in screen but is unable to input your PIN for some reason?

I'll be waiting for your update.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I get the notification after I fill in the PIN. My password works, so it’s only the PIN.

21 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I get the notification after I fill in the PIN. My password works, so it’s only the PIN.
thank you very much!

9 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for confirming this information. The first method I want you to try is to reset your PIN. Here are the steps:

1. Open Settings by pressing Windows key + I on your keyboard, then go to Accounts > Sign-in options.

2. Click I forgot my PIN. A new window would appear confirming if you want to reset your PIN. Click Continue.

3. Enter your Microsoft account password and then set up the new Pin.

If the error would still appear, the next method I suggest is to delete the NGC folder which is a proven in fully resolving this issue. Make sure that you're account has full administrator privileges and follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E on your keyboard. Copy and paste this command on the address bar:
         C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
  2. Delete everything within that folder.
  3. Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
  4. Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
  5. PIN sign in should work going forward

Update me if there are improvements.

22 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

thnks ian,chnged my pin,all ok.cheers!

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for confirming this information. The first method I want you to try is to reset your PIN. Here are the steps:

1. Open Settings by pressing Windows key + I on your keyboard, then go to Accounts > Sign-in options.

2. Click I forgot my PIN. A new window would appear confirming if you want to reset your PIN. Click Continue.

3. Enter your Microsoft account password and then set up the new Pin.

If the error would still appear, the next method I suggest is to delete the NGC folder which is a proven in fully resolving this issue. Make sure that you're account has full administrator privileges and follow these steps:

1. Open File Explorer by pressing Windows key + E on your keyboard. Copy and paste this command on the address bar:
         C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC
  2. Delete everything within that folder.
  3. Go to Settings-> Accounts->Sign-in Options.
  4. Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
  5. PIN sign in should work going forward

Update me if there are improvements.

Hello... all the way to this step I have the same problem, unfortunally I can't solve it like this because after C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService I don't have the folder AppData. PLEASE HELP! I didn't knew what to do and I restore my computer wishing to fix this problem and another one that apparently now is fixed (Black screen after log in) but this is now driving me crazy, I can't use <HELLO> or <PIN> to sign in.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 18, 2020 Views 72,731 Applies to: