BSOD when using personal hotspot

Hi I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I keep getting blue screen of death when using personal hotspot. I will enable the hotspot, it will work fine, I can connect and use the internet on my device. Within around 15 minutes I will get BSOD and the error message will be MEMORY MANAGEMENT.

My PC specs

WIndows 10

Intel Core i5-4690K @3.5GHz

8GB RAM

GTX 980 4GB 256 bit graphics card

I have tried trouble shooting problem myself. 

- I scanned the system for file and registry errors

- I checked my Ram was functioning correctly with the built in test after booting in safe mode

- Have completed full malware and virus scans

Nothing has solved my problem, so I have continued searching and came across this article: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

And so I am following the instructions laid out there.

Here is the link to my Minidump files: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvLTnLT4_bsFhj_F2SqaZ2MlRHa7

Can anyone help me?

Answer
Answer

The  "Bing Search Engine" "might" be legitimate but you could start a new topic on that.

I believe the BSOD is strictly from the wireless driver so try updating to the Windows 10 driver in the UT_PCE_AC68_2143\UT_PCE_AC68_v2143\Driver\WIN10 folder.

To do that do the following:

Open the Device Manager and right-click the wireless adapter  > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Have Disk > then "Browse" to and then click on the bcmwdi.inf in the "UT_PCE_AC68_2143\UT_PCE_AC68_v2143\Driver\WIN10" folder > OK

Continue with the installation and restart the computer. 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2024 Views 6,389 Applies to: