Windows Media Player - streaming

HI - I normally listen to the radio thru windows media player, however lately for some reason that is no longer an option. I know I didn't change any settings. Any idea how I can turn this back on?  Thanks :)

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2018 Views 466 Applies to:

Hi Monique,

Check if it is there in the Control Panel.

Go to Search, type Programs and Features. Click on it to open. Look for Media Player. 

If you do not find it, then try to install one.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-media-player

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/download-windows-media-player 

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.             

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello, thanks for your response. I have windows media player installed, it's the streaming radio that doesn't seem to be working anymore.  Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Monique,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

Verify that Windows Media Player is configured to be the default player for .asx files (a type of playlist that Internet radio stations frequently use).

To associate this file type with Windows Media Player, click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click More Options.

Click the File Types tab, and then select the Windows Media File (asf) check box. This option enables the Player to play files with a variety of file name extensions, including .asx.

Verify that you have the necessary bandwidth to stream the radio station. Windows Media Player will try to adjust to a lower bit rate if the available bandwidth suddenly drops. For example, when you use a cable modem or corporate network, you are sharing bandwidth with other users so the available bandwidth may fluctuate during the course of a song. 

Try changing the stream speed from media player>>media guide>>internet radio>>stream speed.

Low - for slower internet connection.
High - for faster internet connection.

Hope this information is helpful> please post in case you have any further questions, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.