Windows 10: Thread_stuck_In_Device_driver.

hey everybody.

i just update my computer to Windows 10. but everytime i use my battery , it gives me a blue screen saying; Thread_Stuck_In_Device_Driver. but if i use my adopter, it doesnt give me the blue screen but as soon as i unplugged the adopter, the computer gives me the blue screen. 

pls help :-)

Question Info

Last updated September 14, 2019 Views 11,421 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Izuhan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

This error message indicates that a device driver-almost always a video card driver-is stuck waiting for something (usually a hardware operation) to happen.

Things to Do:

1. Ensure the video drivers are updated to the latest version.

2. The system BIOS is fully up-to-date.
3. If both the video driver and the system BIOS are fully up-to-date, check with the manufacturer for recent driver updates.
4. As a last resort, try exchanging the video card.
5. Check Device Manager for  yellow exclamation (!) mark for all hardware devices. If there is any yellow exclamation mark then install latest drivers for the that particular hardware.

Also, ensure all the pending Windows updates are installed.

Important: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.