Windows 10 Solitaire Collection Reset Cumulative Scores

I am surprised and somewhat concerned that there is no method of resetting the scores in the Windows 10 Solitaire collection.  Whilst it may seem trivial to some, I have a much deeper concern.  This is an application and be it a game or anything else, I expect to retain control of my own data on my own PC.  

The application is not network dependent, and works offline.    I use the application, and by nature of this use, data is stored.  Like any other application I expect to be able to retrieve the data, add to it, and more importantly delete it if I so desire.  The data is held on my own PC yet I am not permitted access.  I am not advised or warned that my access is to be restricted.

So, is this legal; is this justifiable, and crucially what other data is being retained, passed on, recorded, and my access denied?

I am now aware that this data is stored elsewhere when connected to the internet.  Should I delete and reinstall the software in total - the original data returns.

I stress this is not simply about a game (although it is annoying), it is about an issue much more critical regarding who has control of data I compile whilst using a Microsoft application.

Incidentally a bland "no need for concern as we value our customers data privacy etc" will not be sufficient a response.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Also the hands have been stupified, and no 100 pt redeal reductions. Perfect 745 scores are common, not rare.  Kiddie stuff.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Discussion Info

Last updated January 21, 2023 Views 904 Applies to: