Windows 10 - my windows resize automatically and move to top left of the screen

I just upgraded to Windows 10 the other day and everything went without a hitch except one really annoying problem. I usually keep several windows in use throughout the day. I keep them side by side at half screen width and minimize the ones I'm not using. With Windows 10, if I turn my monitor off, all these become about a quarter of the screen size and move to the top left corner. When I come back, I have to return them to their original sizes and locations. I looked all over the settings options and see no way to change this behavior. I turned off the windows snapping features, but that didn't help with this issue.

Question Info

Last updated November 15, 2018 Views 8,060 Applies to:
Answer

Hi David,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issue and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Step 1:

Start your computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/changing-the-start-up-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If it works fine in safe mode, perform clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

You may also try to update the graphic card drivers by downloading it manually from the manufacturer’s website and check.

Let us know the results.

Rohit S

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.