Windows 10 mail app, As Items Arrive option is missing

I'm trying to configure the Windows 10  mail app to check for messages as often as possible, and display a notification in the Action Center.  I've seen where some people have the option to check for messages "as items arrive."  This option appears to be missing in my case, I'm given the option of "based on usage" or,15 minutes and another time intervals.  Is there a way I can set up my mail so that i will get a notification as soon as a message arrives?

Question Info

Last updated December 8, 2018 Views 487 Applies to:

Hi Noel,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Type notification on the Windows search bar and select Notification & actions settings. Click Notification & action, now turn on the Show notification from this apps.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Notifications for every listed app is turned on, as they were before.

Sorry this didn't help.

does anybody have the option to check for messages, and receive notifications   "As items arrive"?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Since the above methods did not help to fix the issue. Let’s try different troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to run SFC scan. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files and DISM to fix things SFC cannot. Follow the below link on how to run SFC scan.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Keep posted us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the information.

Since the above methods did not help to fix the issue. Let’s try different troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to run SFC scan. System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files and DISM to fix things SFC cannot. Follow the below link on how to run SFC scan.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-repair-system-files/bc609315-da1f-4775-812c-695b60477a93

Keep posted us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Sorry, I don't know if English is your first language?

Your replies had nothing to do with what he asked for -

Windows 10 mail app, As Items Arrive option is missing

As Items Arrive option is missing. - because there is no option on your email account for IMAP / push like Gmail uses.

So instead of the (Download New Email) option minimum of 15 Minutes - I would like it to be 1 Minutes or 5 Minutes. Then I would receive my emails sooner - why would someone make it 15 minutes???? 

Sorry this didn't help.