Windows 10 Hyper-V not working when launching a new VM

I recently installed Windows 10 Education Edition because Hyper-V functionality is not supported in Windows 10 Home Edition.

I followed the proper procedure by ensuring that the bios has virtualization enabled. I also checked the systeminfo.exe to ensure that it did in fact say, "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed." I followed all proper procedures for creating a VM using Hyper-V manager. Upon launching Windows 7 64-bit professional edition VM hangs up upon install of the OS at the point of "Starting Windows" and doesn't appear to make any further progress after "Loading Windows Files...." However, it appears to be processing because it is using processor resources. I have used several different downloads of the Win7.iso and that has had no effect. All I can imagine is that there must be some sort of service not operating on my machine that supports the Hyper-V that is not functioning properly. I think I am on the right track, but I don't know how to fix it. Below you will notice that the Hyper-V Host Compute Service is not Running. When I tried to start is it gives an error. Is this the issue? If so what can I do to fix it?

Question Info

Last updated September 30, 2018 Views 600 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Your question is beyond the scope of what is typically answered in this consumer forum and would be better suited for the IT Pro audience in TechNet.

Please post your question in the TechNet Forums.

Regards,

Niranjan Manjhi

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.