Question

Q: Windows 10 Client Hyper-V Enchanced Session keeps disconnecting with Video Remoting was disconnected

Hi,

I've recently moved to Windows 10 Pro and as a developer rely heavily on Hyper-V.

I have an issue now where if I start a Hyper-v machine and then connect using Enhanced Session is will disconnect with the following message within a minute or two.

"Video remoting was disconnected" appears in VMConnect.

A further dialogue box appears stating "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine. Try to connect again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator."

Would you like to re-connect.

None of these issues seem to appear if I do not use Enhanced Sessions.

I've read about Network card offloading being the potential issue so I've tried disabling this and it doesn't appear to help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hello,

before a real fix comes. You can click on your account very quickly when the machine starts up provided you dont have a password and it will log you in as that another user that is disconnecting you... No fix but a workaround if you need to use the enhanced session...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

This just started happening to me too with Windows 10 Pro host and various Win10 guests including a freshly installed virtual machine. I'm not sure what changed in the past couple of days to trigger this but I searched all over the place for a solution. It was your post that helped me try the "Enhanced Session Mode" option in Hyper-V settings and that works. I lose some functionality I was using but at least I can use the VMs. Thanks!

Screenshot for anyone who is hunting for the setting...

Sorry this didn't help.

4 people were helped by this reply

Hello,

So I have worked around the issue. Just add a password to the local account on that virtual machine, it was kicking me out, because when the system automatically logged on once I connected to the virtual machine, it kicked my connection out. If I entered the password myself, it was counting it as one connection.

Hope this help many people :)

Sorry this didn't help.

46 people were helped by this reply

Good job!  that was driving me batty - add password to account...problem gone :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you! That was really helpful! :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a well described:

http://www.tenforums.com/virtualization/18431-hyper-v-connection-lost.html#post544358

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I just installed updates from November thru March of 2017.

Error message was another user was logged in and then the message changed to video remote not enabled.

Opened command prompt as admin

I used the built in utility Quser /server:Yourservername(i.e. K.T. is fired) and obtained the session ids of the logged in users.

I then used Logoff /server:Yourservername(i.e. K.T. is fired) (session id from quser)

bingo, I had a locked session on the vm and logging it off worked just fine. Did not have to add and re-add the feature, did not have to reinstall.

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 12,775 Last updated: June 16, 2018 Applies to: