Windows 10 and Canon Pixma MX922 printer

Since installing Windows 10 I cannot print wirelessly from my laptop. I have uninstalled my printer, reinstalled, downloaded drivers, done troubleshooting, unplugged every device and still cannot print wirelessly.....but I have finally been able to print when laptop is physically connected to the printer.

I would really like to use my wireless. Help.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to print through wireless. We will help you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to driver conflicts.

I suggest you to run Network Troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Network Troubleshooter.
1. Type Troubleshooting on the search bar and click Troubleshooting under Settings.
2. Now type Network adapter in the search option.
3. Click on Network adapter to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall driver.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
  2. In the list of devices, you should see the Network drivers.
  3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
  4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
  5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changesoption. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to     help.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello JanAbcFL, if the printer is connected to a wireless LAN (same LAN as the computer or smart devices) can you access it remotely using the leased IP Address of the printer (reading some notes from Canon, using a web browser you can browse the device remote user interface).

If you can view the printer information remotely, from Canon notes, how about if you run the IJ Network Utility, does it detect the printer and same with IJ scan network?  If you can't view the device remotely the only thing I can think of is to uninstall again (driver, the network utility and others suggested to remove the TWAIN scanner driver located in C:\Windows\Twain_32).

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You suggest to look for Network drivers under in Device Manager. I don't see "Network drivers". I see network adaptors.

You suggest to type "troubleshooting" on the search bar. My question is what search bar?

My track pad also doesn't work since I downloaded Windows 10. Every time I touch the track pad or mouse pad or whatever you call it, the cursor relocates to the corner of the screen

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

To assist you better, I would like to know the make and model of the device and the exact issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to include the screen shot of the device manager.

How to include a screenshot in your post

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-windows_programs/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

The search bar is located at the bottom left side of the taskbar and near to Start Menu.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Canon wrote Win 10 drivers in Nov and Dec.

Those Canon drivers printed fine, but were not allowing me to install the wireless scanner in Win10. They upgraded some in November and December, but not the wireless scanner. 

New drivers at Canon as of mid-January were updated for all functions, including wireless scanning. Now the Windows Services have a scanner to connect to on my Acer Aspire 7741Z.

Best regards,

CutterVic

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried the suggestion and the print menu still highlights the MX922 printer as 'Driver not available'

any other suggestions?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, 

Thank you for the update and I apologize for the late response. 

I suggest you to install the driver from the manufacturer website and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-series-inkjet/mx922?tab=drivers 

Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Since installing Windows 10 I cannot print wirelessly from my laptop. I have uninstalled my printer, reinstalled, downloaded drivers, done troubleshooting, unplugged every device and still cannot print wirelessly.....but I have finally been able to print when laptop is physically connected to the printer.

I would really like to use my wireless. Help.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 13, 2024 Views 18,669 Applies to: