Win10 error MSG viewspanconfiglib

I have just upgraded from win7 to win10 on my hp4540s probook. I keep getting this msg when startup windows "failed to initialize viewspanconfiglib library" 

each time I start my notebook it happens.

does anyone know a solution ? 

Hi Ahmad,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO and create a Media Creation tool and then perform Automatic Repair.

Refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps

1. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.
  2. In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click 'Troubleshoot'.
  3. Click, Advanced Options and then click on 'Automatic Repair'.
  4. After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but the instructions are incorrect or at least dated.  In step 3 there is no "Automatic Repair".  I tried "Startup Repair" which reported it could not repair the PC since no other option seemed correct.  Still investigating this error and will try something else.

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 26, 2024 Views 2,707 Applies to: