WaasMedic Agent Exe stopping me from working

My computer slowed to a crawl. I cannot work. I checked task manager and saw a process waas Medic agent exe is the culprit. It is using 2.8 mb of memory and 1.2 mbs of disk usage.

I understand this is a Microsoft process. What I don't understand is what give Microsoft the right to take over my computer whenever it wants to and stop me from working.

How do I stop this?

|
Answer
Answer

Update (5/5/21) - Editing with some additional details.

Can some of you reporting high CPU or high disk usage of the WaasMedic agent create a Feedback Hub entry for me and share the Feedback URL on this thread?

The most important part would be the 'Recreate my Problem' recording while you see the high resource usage in Task Manager.

I want to promote some of these Feedback entries for investigation.

Updates:

Thank you for those who have been trying to file feedback. In some cases the system performance has prevented the use of Recreate my problem.

The Feedback is still useful without the recording, I will still raise those entries.

It is also useful if the Feedback is done shortly after the system is no longer experiencing the high disk usage, I will be calling out those entries as well.

Finally, I was not clear about the best Category and Sub Category selections. Please use Category: Install and update Sub Category: Downloading, installing, and configuring Windows Updates

Thanks,

Paul...

52 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 26, 2021 Views 180,783 Applies to: