Switching desktop with 4 fingers not working

Hi,

So a new gesture for switching desktops has been added into the anniversary update, the user are able to switch desktops by swiping with 4 fingers over the touchpad.

It doesn't work on my touchpad but the other gestures like the zoom in/out or show the desktop are still working fine. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this issue ? or do I have to wait for my laptop manufacturer to update the touchpad driver so I can use this gesture ?

Thank you!

Question Info

Last updated September 24, 2019 Views 2,107 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hello Calvin,

We understand your concern in this regard.

From the description, I guess that the problem might be with the incompatible touchpad drivers or with its settings. Suggest you to cross check with the touchpad settings to ensure that everything is appropriate. You can check for the User Manual on device manufacturer website, which will help you for these settings.

If that is not the case, check for the latest touchpad drivers for your device from device manufacturer website. You can search them using your device model number.

You can also try updating touchpad drivers through Device Manager.

1. Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.
  2. Spot and expand the “Mice and other pointing devices” by clicking + sign in front of Mouse and other pointing devices.
  3. Right-click the device driver listed below Mouse and other pointing devices and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option How do you want to search driver, then go with Search automatically for updated driver software. If you have a driver available on your PC, then select Browse my computer for driver software, then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it. (Ensure that PC is connected to Internet while performing this step)
  4. If it doesn't fix the issue then right-click the same device driver listed below Mouse and other pointing devices and select Uninstall.
  5. Click OK to confirm removal of the device.
  6. Restart the system. Windows will detect and automatically install the touchpad driver.

Keep posted if you require further assistance.

Thank you. 

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.