STUCK IN “CHOOSE PRIVACY SETTINGS FOR YOUR DEVICE” WINDOW

When I opened my laptop, the first window that popped out was this “Choose privacy settings for your device.” When I clicked the “Accept” button, it says “Just a moment” and then it says “Something went wrong. But you can try again.” When I clicked the “Try again” button, it goes back to the first window, and when I tried clicking the “Accept” button once again, it says the same “Something went wrong...” I tried connecting it to the internet but it is of no use. I researched about this and I think this is caused by an update, the Windows 10 Creator’s Update, I guess. I couldn’t use my laptop anymore because of this. I am afraid I might reset my laptop. There are important files on my laptop and I can’t afford losing them. What should I do? Can you help me?
|
A. Try to boot into safe mode

Power ON your computer and as Windows / manufacturer's Logo appears, Power OFF - Repeat 3 times
Now your computer will go into Advanced Recovery Environment
Advanced Options > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart
Press 4 or F4 to enable Safe Mode (5 or F5 to enable Safe Mode with Networking)

Once you are able to boot into safe mode, check the integrity of the system

B. Another option when you are in Advanced Options in previous step is to choose (Note - You won't lose any files in this step)
1. System Restore - This will restore your system to a point when things were working fine.
OR
2. Startup Repair - Startup Repair upgrade fixes all Windows errors and retains all files, applications and settings.

C. Penultimate option could be Reset this PC.
In Step A > Troubleshoot > Reset this PC - Keep my files and Remove everything. Choose this carefully as most likely you would like to keep your files.
All apps will be removed and windows will be reinstalled.

D. Last option could be to Go back to the previous Build -
In Step A > Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Go back to the previous Build

E. Otherwise, you can resort to below
To solve this problem, please following the below help guide written by Sumit Dhiman, MVP

What to do if the computer is broken after Windows 10 1803 update - https://www.yourwindowsguide.com/2018/05/what-i...

Do let me know if you have any more question or require further help. I would be happy to work with you to take you though this problem.

Disclaimer - This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2021 Views 7,084 Applies to: