Strange File Type "OneDrive"

VKSTYX File Type is showing for all of my files in one drive. I saved all my files like pictures and now everything says this. "This is an example from my one drive it self. I cant open these files what do i do?

Answer
Answer
thank you did a full reinstall

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi Joshua

I am sorry to report, you are the victim of a Ransomware attack

Do you have all your data backed up to the cloud, or is that the only copy of your Files?

There may or may not be a decrypter available for your particular variant of Ransomware, this is a very good support section to watch for up to the minute news on decrypters

Ransomware Help & Tech Support
https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/239/ransomware-help-tech-support/

Upload one of those files to this website, in the Sample Encrypted File seciton, to see if it can identify the type of ransomware on your PC:

https://id-ransomware.malwarehunterteam.com/

I hope you can recover your files, either way, you will need to wipe all drives currently connected to your PC and clean install Windows to remove this infection

If there is no decrypter available for that variant, copy all your files to another drive and keep them safe, in the hope that a decrypter becomes available in the future . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2019 Views 16 Applies to: