Question

Speakers Crackling since Windows 10 update

BuddiParker asked on
I just updated to Windows 10. Since updating my speakers have started making a small crackling sound. They didn't do that when I had Windows 8.1. Just started doing it once I got the update. I have went in and did all of the troubleshooting that I can. Also went into Device Manager and updated the sound driver. Neither of those helped. Not sure what else I could do besides maybe trying to uninstall the sound driver and letting windows reinstall it on it's own? If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks
145 people had this question

Abuse history

Most Helpful Reply
Anthony Muckelt replied on

I just updated to Windows 10. Since updating my speakers have started making a small crackling sound. They didn't do that when I had Windows 8.1. Just started doing it once I got the update. I have went in and did all of the troubleshooting that I can. Also went into Device Manager and updated the sound driver. Neither of those helped. Not sure what else I could do besides maybe trying to uninstall the sound driver and letting windows reinstall it on it's own? If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Thanks
I managed to resolve this problem by resetting the Default Audio settings in the Dell Audio application on my laptop. I reduced the settings to CD and DVD Quality. The sound is now working with no crackling.  
11 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress