Reset Quick Assist settings

I tried to provide quick assist to my mum via windows 10. 

When asked to sign in, I used a gmail account instead of a microsoft one, ticked the automatically sign me in option and proceded on.

The quick assist connection keeps failing, and I've read online that you must sign in with a microsoft account. (THIS IS ANNOYINGLY LEFT OUT OF THE INFO WHEN SIGNING IN)

Now, because I ticked the automatically sign me in option, I can't go back out and log in with my microsoft account. I can't find anywhere to solve this.

Hi,

Thank you for the information. Stability of connection in Quick Assist depends on the internet connection. We suggest to make sure that you are connected to stable internet. To help you with this, please perform the following steps below:

1. Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
  2. On Settings, choose Apps & features.
  3. On the left pane, choose Programs and Features.
  4. Then, look for Quick Assist and click on it.
  5. Choose Advanced options, then Repair.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Lemuel,

Thank you for the help. Unfortunately, it didn't solve my issue yet, would you mind to continue helping me on this?

The navigation was slightly different to the pathway you suggested. It was:

Windows + I

Apps

Apps + Features

Manage Optional Features

Microsoft Quick Assist

At this point, there is no right-click option. Left click enlarges the box to reveal the [uninstall] option, but there is no repair option.

I could not connect to the other computer, even though I run a 500gb LAN internet connection, and the other end is using a 100gb WLAN connection on a windows 10 Laptop.

We tried several times, I read online that to use Quick Assist I must sign in with a microsoft account. 

I can't imagine that our internet connection here in Hong Kong is unstable to the point that we can't connect.

How can I find the repair option (Win 10, Fall creators update)?

or

Can I uninstall and reinstall easily?

Thanks for the help.

Rob

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the response. We can't uninstall Quick Assist since it is a built-in application in Windows 10. You can do a reset of Windows 10 to remove it, or create a new user account. Please follow the steps below:

1. Create new user account. You can follow the steps on this link on how to create a new user account in Windows 10.

2. If you don't want to create new user account, you can do a reset of Windows. There will be an option to remove all your files or keep all your files. However, all third party application will be removed. You can go to Recovery options in Windows 10 article, and follow the steps under Reset your PC category.

Let us know how it goes.

If you think this was useful, do not hesitate to "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi again,

Is there not a way i can reset just the settings of quick assist?

Just to remove the instruction to Windows to automatically sign in with the email address i had used.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also tried to make a connection with a laptop on the same wifi network.

This LAN is 1TB, the wlan is 500GB and the connection should have been stable enough.

I got to the screen where the second PC is asked to allow the first computer (user name) access and permission to see files.

After clicking 'allow' it attempts to connect for a few minutes, and then the 'an error has occurred' message comes up, first on the 2nd PC, then on the 1st.

There must be an underlying problem here that I need to solve.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us. You can run Windows App troubleshooter using this link. It will diagnose and fix an issue with built-in application. Then, follow the steps on how to give assistance using Quick Assist through this link

Let us know how it goes.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

That troubleshooter didn't find any issues whatsoever.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for letting us know. We would like to know if you already created a new user account and see if the issue is the same there? Because if we uninstall Quick Assist, the only way to get it back is to reset Windows or reinstall it. It is possible to be fixed using new profile.

Let us know how it goes.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 14, 2021 Views 11,298 Applies to: