Programs are TOO SMALL

Look, I have searched this database of forums up and down, inside and out, to try and find a solution to my problem. I'm no techy, though I am constantly learning. So I purchased an Asus notebook q534 and I was excitedly downloading all of my previous programs. My web browsers were fine, games were fine. But when I went to open up Photoshop CS5, it was absolutely antlike in size. I went to try to fix the resolution of the screen in Display, and 

SO SMALL. What is this, a software for ants? Jokes aside... Several other programs that I need for my work do this as well. I have tried everything, and I am starting to think that until Windows 10 is updated again (I have been completely updated as of 10:54 pm 7/19/17) there might not be a light at the end  of the tunnel. You can see by the taskbar/startbar/whatever that I am currently exhausting a lot of options as I make this post.

I also need to note that when I went to my display settings through control panel, this is what I got.

There isn't the two-window option. "Better one, Better two". I'm not sure if this is a new thing or not. I was previously on a dinosaur Toshiba Satellite from 2009 (may it rest in peace) I just want this fixed. Any and all suggestions are gratefully accepted. 

****Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.****

Question Info

Last updated November 16, 2019 Views 8,958 Applies to:

Hi,

It is very important to have the correct resolution setting on your Windows PC as it facilitates better display of the content and clarity of the images. Higher the resolution, sharper are the images and contents on your PC. To assist you with your display settings concern, you may follow the steps provided below:

1. On your computer, right-click your mouse and go to Display Settings.
  2. Click on the Advanced Display Settings.
  3. Click on the drop-down menu for Resolution.

Take note that lower is the resolution, larger is the content displayed on your screen. From the available options in the drop-down menu, select the one you want and click Apply.

Let us know it if answered your query.

Kind regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No, this has not helped. I tried this before, and tried it again at your guidance. There isn't an "advanced display settings" option, or a dropdown menu for resolution. Unless you are counting the options that were available for me to alter the WxH as seen in the second image of my initial post. I wonder if putting it to the resolution of an older model of screen would fix it, but it would be very blurry most of the time, or overly compact, when it came to running other programs/apps. I learned this after testing about ten options with the resolution.

18 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

You can simply adjust the resolution of the icons displayed on your computer by clicking on the drop-down menu.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

In Photoshop, there is a setting that may help, go to Edit - Preferences - Interface and set UI Font size to Large

Due to the age of your version of Photoshop it works better on screens with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 as that was the average high screen resolution when that version was released.

I run Photoshop CC 2017 and it includes a UI scaling setting for large screens up to 4K screens

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.