No Slider for Brightness Adjustment in Setting app for Windows 10 PC

Old title: No Slider for Brightness Adjustment

I am at my wits end!  I just bought a new Dell Inspiron desktop with Windows 10.  I cannot adjust the brightness of my screen.  There are no external buttons on my monitor to do so, and there are no Fn or shortcut keys on my keyboard either.  The Slider bar that should be present in the display settings does not even exist in mine.  I have tried every single troubleshooting option I've seen on other discussion boards, and NOTHING is working!  Every discussion or answer I get tells me to update the driver software in Display Adapters or Monitor settings.  I have done all that multiple times and nothing happens.  All I want to do is turn down the brightness on my screen!  I operate my own small business from home and now can't even sit in front of the computer for more than ten minutes because the screen is so bright it hurts my eyes and gives me headaches.  Does anyone have any other solution other than installing updates and uninstalling/reinstalling the display drivers?  I am desperate here, please help!

Here's what my Display Settings looks like, no slider bar at all where it should be: (nothing helpful in the advanced settings either)

Hello Ali,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

1. What is the exact model of your desktop?
  2. Do you have built-in or external Graphics card in your PC?

When you're on desktop screen, right-click and select Graphics Properties. Under Graphics Properties search for Brightness settings and try to adjust the Brightness to see if makes any difference.

When you don't see the Brightness settings, then the issue might be due to incompatible Graphics card drivers. Suggest you to check for the latest Graphics card drivers for your computer on Manufacturer website. You search for them using your device Model number. Once you install the drivers, make sure you reboot your PC. Most probably this will fix the issue and will allow you to adjust the Brightness.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 17, 2023 Views 1,719 Applies to: