My circles look like ovals on my monitor.

I have tried changing the resolution and did a driver update with no help. I have windows 10 with the latest updates. Even the cursor circle looks like an oval. What can I do to fix this??
Resolution needs to be set to the native/recommended resolution.  then, to fine-tune the settings, use the monitor controls directly.
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you give more specifics on how to "use the monitor controls directly"? Where does one find them and how does one use them?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have tried what you have suggested and it didn't help.

I have an HP pavilion 23bw monitor. The problem occurs when I try to use the full screen. I have set the display to the recommended resolution and tried to adjust it with the monitor controls. ...no luck

The monitor has two possible inputs, HDMI and VGA If I use the VGA input and set the monitor for "fill to aspect ratio" the display looks normal except it doesn't use the entire screen. When I set the monitor to "fill to screen" it uses the full screen, but circles then look like ovals. The HDMI input only allows for full screen.

Therefore, I always have ovals. What would be nice is to have a vertical and horizontal adjustment. By the way I have download the latest driver for this monitor thinking that would help. 

The display was working correctly until recently. I don't think I did anything that would have caused this problem.

Thanks

Fred

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You should use fill to screen, but only if you can set your resolution to match the exact number of pixel dots your screen has (search the web for the model number if you're unsure).  If the resolution option that matches your monitor isn't available in the menu list of resolution choices, then you'll need to get a driver from HP first.
Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet me: @LtCmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Shawn

I will give it try.

Fred

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2021 Views 2,941 Applies to: