MUTING MICROPHONE

hello so like when windows 10 came out and when i upgrade my windows 7 to 10 my mic is muted...when i turn on my pc i have to manuly unmute it by typing mmsys.cpl in the searchbox and going to recording selecting my microphone and unmuting it and than if i want to play a game like cs go and i need to talk i need to leave the mmsys.cpl opened there is no minimize option it drains like 10% of cpu i dont know why and if i close it my mic gets muted so how do i fix this here are some screenshots and also why do i have 2 microphones when i plug my microphone at the back here are pictures of the microphone its natec btw 

Hi, TommyGaming
I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor 

try the following

Steps to follow to solve problems with the microphone in Windows 10 April 2018 Update
The first thing we are going to do is open the Windows 10 Configuration page and navigate through the Privacy> Microphone options. Once there, we must make sure that the switch of the option Allow applications to access the microphone is in the ON position. If not, we must activate it.

Just below this option, we will see a list of applications that can access the microphone of our team and from where we can control the access to the device of each of them individually. Therefore, for each application we have a switch with which we can indicate if we want to use the microphone of the equipment or not. In this list, we must check if the switch of the applications in which we have detected that the microphone does not work is in the ON position.

It is important to know that if access to the microphone on our computer is disabled, we will not be able to manage the microphone access permissions for the applications individually. If we find this case, then we must allow the operating system to access the microphone.

To do this, from the configuration page of Windows 10 April 2018 Update we go back to Privacy> Microphone and verify if the access to the microphone for this device is activated. If not, click on the Change button a small window will open with a switch that allows us to activate access to the microphone on our PC. After all this, we should check how the problems with the microphone in Windows 10 April 2018 Update have been fixed.

I hope it helps you
Wilfredo Soto

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Click Start > Settings > Privacy > Microphone
Toggle on Allow apps to access your microphone

If that does not work...

First, run the Playing audio troubleshoot - open Start > Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot
Scroll down, select Playing audio
Click Run the troubleshooter

When complete, restart your computer then check if audio is working again.

Press Windows key + X
Click Device Manager
Expand Sound, video and game controllers

Right click your audio adapter
Click Properties
Click the Driver tab

Is there an option rollback?
If so, click it.

Also, check to make sure the audio driver is fully updated. This is often the problem when you upgrade to a new version of Windows 10. Sometimes reinstalling the latest available driver from the manufacturers website helps.

Open Start, type: change sound card
Hit Enter
Select the Playback tab
Right click your Microphone
Click Set as Default Device if it isn't already
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I THINK YOU DIDNT GET ME MY MICROPHONE DOES WORK BUT IT MUTES IT SELF ON PC BOOT AND I NEED TO MANUALY TURN IT ON AND LEAVE THE SOUND PANEL ON OR IT WILL MUTE ITSELF AGAIN AND THE PANEL DRAINS RESOURCES

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2023 Views 20,652 Applies to: