Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

Hi there,
I have an iPhone that syncs photos to iCloud. I also use the iCloud for Windows app to automatically download my photos from iCloud to my Windows 10 laptop. Until recently, all was working fine. Since about a month ago no photos are downloading from iCloud to the Windows laptop. I've tried removing / reinstalling the iCloud for Windows app many times but that doesn't help. Apple support concluded that the problem was caused by OneDrive, as the iCloud Photo download folder goes via Onedrive (but no possibility to change it). They got met to add a new "Test" user to my Windows laptop with admin rights. When I set up iCloud drive with this Test user, it seemed to start working fine and downloaded photos from iCloud correctly. 
Also, there are multiple copies of the iCloud Photos folder showing in Windows Explorer (all empty), below the iCloud Drive icon (see below).

How do I delete all of the iCloud Photos folders and get my photo's to download correctly from iCloud to my Windows laptop?

|
Answer
Answer
Hi, Amster. Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you, and I am here to work with you on this issue.

Please check the solution provided by That Laggy Guy' second post on the link below:

https://www.tenforums.com/customization/155831-... o08u9:~:text=PP356,-%2C

I hope this helps! Please let me know if that works for you, ok?
Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Leonardo Mesquita

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 9, 2021 Views 1,888 Applies to: