Microsoft Edge and Cortana has disappeared from the Start Menu, Task Bar and All Apps listing. How to fix?

Loaded Windows 10 without a problem. I have two sign-ins. I added my wife's Microsoft sign-in to her ID. Upon returning to my ID, both Cortana and Edge Browser were not longer available in the Start Menu, Task Bar, or All Apps listing.  FYI, my ID is the Admin and I did not add my Microsoft sign-in. I'm able to obtain the Edge browser by typing "microsoft edge" in the "Search the web and Windows" field. Is there a way to fix this? Do I need to wait on an update? The Edge browser and Cortana continues to be available under my wife's ID.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2019 Views 1,233 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

Method 1:

1. Open an Administrator CMD window.  If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
  2. Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
  3. Click File > Run New Task
  4. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
  5. Type CMD
  6. Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:
        dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Method 2: Perform a sfc scan on the computer to check if there are any corruptions on the computer. Please follow the below link to perform a sfc scan on the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this information is helpful. Please post in case you have any further issues, I will be glad to help you further.

Thank you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.