Issues enabling Quiet hours

Has anyone managed to set quiet hours in the final release?

Al my options are either greyed out or otherwise ineffective

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Are you referring to Quiet Hours in Mobile device or Computer?

I have tried to repro the Quiet hours and is working in the final Windows 10 on Computers.  

You may follow the steps below and check if it works:

1. Take your mouse pointer to the Notification Area icon on the Taskbar near the corner in the right side and make a right click.

2. You can see two options on a menu – First Option isAction Center and the Second is Turn On quiet hours.

3. ClickTurn on quiet hours.

4. To Turn off Quiet hours make a right click on the Notification area icon once more.

5. Click Turn off Quiet hours this time.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

My bad, sorry, actually your information is good ............but how do you select which hours are quiet & notification free?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have to agree. This is one little hiccup I've found as well. Turning the Quiet Hours function on/off is easy. But when attempting to adjust the hours, nothing seems to work. Right-clicking on the Quiet Hours option and selecting Options does open the notification settings, but there are no options listed to adjust the Quiet Hours. As a matter of fact, "Quiet Hours" is NO WHERE to be found, even when searching the settings search box. Perhaps a minor oversight?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not helpful & not responsive. Turning quiet hours on & off works. But there's no way to specify what those hours are.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you can not tell us how to set "OUR OWN INDIVIDUAL QUIET HOURS CHOICE" can you at least tell us the DEFAULT Quiet Hours?

This morning my timer did not make a sound at 7:50 am because Quiet Hours were on.  7:50 am seems very late to me for quite hours to block a notification.

I just tested it again and Quiet Hours blocked my "Timer+" app at 11:05 am, what the heck is going on?

Yes, my "Timer+" notification is ON and it works perfectly when Quiet Hours are turned off.

Type Restore Point (in the search box) & add a new point BEFORE making ANY CHANGES to your COMPUTER.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm afraid that doesn't address what we're all saying in this thread.

Toggling the quiet hours option on and off is simplicity itself. The issue is that it doesn't appear to be possible to set what those hours are, or which notifications they apply to, making the "feature" quiet hours entirely useless.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have to agree. This is one little hiccup I've found as well. Turning the Quiet Hours function on/off is easy. But when attempting to adjust the hours, nothing seems to work. Right-clicking on the Quiet Hours option and selecting Options does open the notification settings, but there are no options listed to adjust the Quiet Hours. As a matter of fact, "Quiet Hours" is NO WHERE to be found, even when searching the settings search box. Perhaps a minor oversight?
Inability to set the times for Quiet Hours seems more than a "minor oversight".

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Inability to set the times for Quiet Hours seems more than a "minor oversight".

I agree.     Not being able to tell us the default "quiet hours" indicates incompetence to me.

Type Restore Point (in the search box) & add a new point BEFORE making ANY CHANGES to your COMPUTER.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Are you referring to Quiet Hours in Mobile device or Computer?

I have tried to repro the Quiet hours and is working in the final Windows 10 on Computers.  

You may follow the steps below and check if it works:

1. Take your mouse pointer to the Notification Area icon on the Taskbar near the corner in the right side and make a right click.

2. You can see two options on a menu – First Option isAction Center and the Second is Turn On quiet hours.

3. ClickTurn on quiet hours.

4. To Turn off Quiet hours make a right click on the Notification area icon once more.

5. Click Turn off Quiet hours this time.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

This does not address the issue of "Seeing or Changing" settings related to Quiet Hours. Could you please elaborate? Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
John

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the issue is that "Quiet Hours" is implemented on Windows 10 PC differently than it is on other platforms.

Simply put, Quiet Hours start when you click/enable it, and stop when you disable it. There's no schedule other than the one you manually define by clicking that button.

The "Quiet Hours" feature is simply a way of turning audible/visible notifications on and off manually. I'd certainly like to be able to set an automatic schedule, ideally by day of week. But that doesn't exist today.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 2, 2023 Views 2,843 Applies to: