Intel RST service is not running win 10 64bit

Upgraded to 10 64bit and the now the message "Intel RST is not running message" appears in the sys tray and system is running very slow. HP does not have a driver to correct the issue. Contacted HP support no help. Ran MS update.  Intel has a new RST driver, but posts warnings the driver cannot be changed after installation. Not willing to take the risk unless someone has fixed the issue using the new Intel driver. Attempted to run the IAStoreUI.exe - does not work.  Stopped and started the service did not fix. Changed to run in 7 compatibility mode. Checked BIOS; looks good. Startup states RAID status is "verifying". Checked SCSI device: operating. 

Thanks for any support to fix this issue

HP: h8-1070t

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2019 Views 46,795 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

That was just the error it gave.  It wasn't fatal in that sense.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Its a good idea to uninstall the intel RST 'software' from Programs & Features (if it exists there) before changing or updating the driver. 

Tons of reading and experiences about the intel RST here

~
Microsoft Bob came back after a 20 year makeover, and with a new name. Cortana!

Sorry this didn't help.

Uninstalled and tried to install again with same error.  Thanks for the link.  I'll do some reading.

Sorry this didn't help.

Finally got it to work using LINDI44's solution in this thread:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/intel-rst-service-not-running/5e5bbefe-6997-4fa5-a2f6-b97791097063?rtAction=1442872460213

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked for me when I unzipped the f6flpy-x64.zip and then placed SetupRST.exe in the unzipped folder before running.

Sorry this didn't help.

For The People who having trouble about Intel Rapid Storage not Recognize by windows 10 i think it's maybe mostly because you need it's Driver which is "iaAHCIC.inf" and Of Course You Would Also Need "iaStorA.sys" and "iaStorF.sys" and Maybe "iaStorA.tmf","iaStorAC.cat" and "iaAHCIC.cat"(I don't Know) For That( Maybe You can just get it by Searching like Intel RST x32 or x64 Drivers on Google ). That happen to me like that. That really Soothing My Nerve when that Solve to me Now. Hummmm,Yeaaaaaaaah, hahaaaaaa, Yeaaaaaah.

Sorry this didn't help.

For The People who having trouble about Intel Rapid Storage not Recognize by windows 10 i think it's maybe mostly because you need it's Driver which is "iaAHCIC.inf" and Of Course You Would Also Need "iaStorA.sys" and "iaStorF.sys" and Maybe "iaStorA.tmf","iaStorAC.cat" and "iaAHCIC.cat"(I don't Know) For That( Maybe You can just get it by Searching like Intel RST x32 or x64 Drivers on Google ). That happen to me like that. That really Soothing My Nerve when that Solve to me Now. Hummmm,Yeaaaaaaaah, hahaaaaaa, Yeaaaaaah.

I couldn't figure out how to fix this problem til I saw your post. THen I had to decipher your meaning.

TO clarify, one has to download both the drivers zip and setup. Run the setup (reboot), then unzip the driver zip and install iaAHCIC and iaStorAC manually (only two files of the 6 in that zip file actually allow you an "install" option) , then reboot again. Intel Rapid Storage Technology is Operational.

thank you MuhammadBin Yajid

Sorry this didn't help.

A quick work around if showing up in Device manager and system tray but it is not auto recognized is to open file Explorer then up in top pane click Manage then in computer management click on Disk Management it should show all connected Drives/partitions. In the volumes pane at the top you will see a Drive partition with out a letter assigned to it may say Healthy(primary Partition) and almost all others will have letters by them. Right click on that partition and chose from drop down choices Change drive letter and paths. It will ask if you want to assign a letter to that partition. Then hit enter for yes it will assign a letter and open drive so you can see your files on the drive and access it normally. THIS Does Not Fix Problem. It is just a temp work around  until you can get RST working again.  regards Bob V.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are having a problem running iRST on Windows 10, make sure you are trying to install the latest driver appropriate for your motherboard’s chipset.  For example, if you are running a Sandy Bridge MB, you need to make sure you are NOT trying to install the latest release driver as it will NOT work (at least not from a normal install).  You need to find the latest driver that supports Intel’s series 6 chipset, which I believe will be one of their version 12 drivers (I don’t know the exact number: 12.8.something.etc).  Anything version 13 or higher will not work with a Sandy Bridge MB.  I think the latest drivers only work with series 7 and higher chipsets if I am not mistaken.  If you are unsure, just view the readme text or release notes for the driver.  One of them should tell you which chipsets are supported.  The good news is that once you download the correct drivers (even if they do not say they’re compatible with Windows 10), they should install and work.  You can find different versions on Intel’s website.  Make sure your MB’s chipset is supported by the version you download and install.

Sorry this didn't help.

It worked fine for me until this week's Windows Creator Edition Update was downloaded and installed.  Something about this major update has disabled the Intel RST.  There always seems to be a problem when major updates are installed.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.